Request to ban leather goods.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 14190

Too old to care anyway.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the news tonight was a motion brought forward by a North Sydney Councillor to ban the sale and use of all leather goods in that Councils area, it has not received a good reception so far, but the Mayor was saying it would mean all new Furniture in the Council Chambers as most of their chairs and regalia are leather, apparently going to be debated next week. I know she will get support from the animal lib people. To me it just means more plastic products being produced from that oily substance that others want banned, where is it going to end.ranting2.gif

https://www.9news.com.au/national/n...-fur-ban/d5d1ec78-80ea-414a-a4b6-b9dc55ed4985

Last edited:
On the news tonight was a motion brought forward by a North Sydney Councillor to ban the sale and use of all leather goods in that Councils area, it has not received a good reception so far, but the Mayor was saying it would mean all new Furniture in the Council Chambers as most of their chairs and regalia are leather, apparently going to be debated next week. I know she will get support from the animal lib people. To me it just means more plastic products being produced from that oily substance that others want banned, where is it going to end.View attachment 7038
The Woke have no bloody idea. All ideology and no reality.

Whilst we continue to eat meat and therefore create a by-product that can be utilised, why wouldn’t we make products from leather?
Would seem a waste not to. Imagine if we just disposed of all the carcasses into land fill - then the same people would complain of waste and smell 🙄

Probably the same nesciences that protest over eating anything but beans and cabbage.

On the news tonight was a motion brought forward by a North Sydney Councillor to ban the sale and use of all leather goods in that Councils area, it has not received a good reception so far, but the Mayor was saying it would mean all new Furniture in the Council Chambers as most of their chairs and regalia are leather, apparently going to be debated next week. I know she will get support from the animal lib people. To me it just means more plastic products being produced from that oily substance that others want banned, where is it going to end.View attachment 7038

https://www.9news.com.au/national/n...-fur-ban/d5d1ec78-80ea-414a-a4b6-b9dc55ed4985
Didn't even bother reading the whole post, apologies. Honestly I'll tan everything within eyesight if these useless p@#$%s get this shit over the line. FFS what has society come to with cotton wool gutless p@#$%s like these d&%$#@!€s dealing out pretentious ideological crap 😡😡😡 yeah I just blew a poopa valve 😡

Last edited by a moderator:
This stupidity is going way too far now.
People need to get real vocal.
Councils need to Address very real matters, about cost of living, roads, garbage collection, street lighting, public parking, filling pot holes and other real matters that councils should be spending their energy on.

Didn't even bother reading the whole post, apologies. Honestly I'll tan everything within eyesight if these useless p@#$%s get this shit over the line. FFS what has society come to with cotton wool gutless p@#$%s like these d&%$#@!€s dealing out pretentious ideological crap 😡😡😡 yeah I just blew a poopa valve 😡
What are we going to do with all the hides that come from the abbittoirs as we are still eating meat so there will be an over supply of skins to make leather

These airheads are hardly worth the space. Not sure if she is backtracking or really intended this, but if you read the original article she says:

"I want to clarify that it was never my intention to impact on or take away rights to private property including common objects like chairs, shoes, bags, belts or footballs," Lamb said in a statement. Her motion, she said, was inspired by the work of animal welfare activists and was only meant to target "controversial items" owned by council such as kangaroo fur robes and hats".

Which is rather less radical. Storm in a teacup I suspect.

What if the kangaroo identifies as a cow ?
Even the traditional owners of this land used kangaroo pelts in daily life.
This is ridiculous if they remove items as those, the animals won't come back to life.
If it is a movement to stop new purchases that is still dumb to me.
I remember when using wood was seen as killing the planet now it's the green choice.
Once animals breed to unsustainable numbers harvesting them will become good for the environment.

What if the kangaroo identifies as a cow ?
Even the traditional owners of this land used kangaroo pelts in daily life.
This is ridiculous if they remove items as those, the animals won't come back to life.
If it is a movement to stop new purchases that is still dumb to me.
I remember when using wood was seen as killing the planet now it's the green choice.
Once animals breed to unsustainable numbers harvesting them will become good for the environment.
A 'roo "identifying" as a cow!! Feck, that's opening up a WHOLE new can of sexist, animalistic bloody worms. Wait,.....aren't worms hermaphrodites?!

Latest posts