RE New Engels,

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jaros said:
The heat up here didn't affect the fridge much if at all. 10/10 Engel Fridges. Took it right around this fine nation - not a hiccup. :)

There is just something about Engels, I did think about buying a National Luna but Geez they cost a quid, Nice fridges 3 year warranty on the fridge and 8 years on the Compressor, but we are talking 1800 bucks to about 3000$+

I got an 80L Engel a couple of years ago,for 2g that included the transit bag/cover ,sunglasses,chair and cooler bag,bloody bargain,I personally wouldnt stuff around with anything else,same goes for gen sets,lawn mowers,whipper snippers get a Honda

The thing that really bugs me about the UK Engel dealer is that once you order it and it has been sent If it goes missing or gets damaged in transit then the loss or repair bills are down to the buyer and one of the biggest P'offs is that he lists that they only have 12 months warranty which is wrong because Engels come with a 3 year warranty, That was the thing that made me go with ARB in the first place along with the fact that he would not return any of my phone calls,

His lack of accountability and warranty is really a deal breaker for me because if these things are going to break it normally happens in the first 2 years, I would of bought one or two of them years ago if he had been a little more helpful, He almost does his best to put people off buying them and his total lack of duty of care just makes me feel like it would be wrong to buy an Engel, I have sent him an email asking about the warranty issue so I will wait and see what he says that's if he replies,

If not then I am going to buy a National Luna, They are the Rolls Royce of Fridges with a price to match "Ouch" but this Engel bloke has sort of taken the shine off of the deal from what should be a joyous event, 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.(

Well here's the conversation. Surely he can't get away with this, There must be laws against this kind of BS, I wonder what Engel Australia would have to say because it's no wonder over here no one buys Engel fridges, Or if they do there can't be many of them because I have never seen anyone with one. either way I see it as major damage to the brand.

ME

G'day Simon, I just noticed that on your website it says that the Engel MT45-P has a 12 month warranty shouldn't that read 3 year warranty,

Thanks ,

J.

HIM

No one year not in UK as importers honoured the 2nd and 3rd year they no longer do it.

ME

So the warranty is one years is that what you are saying ?? Thanks.

HIM

Correct

End QUOTE,

Product Specifications

Name 40 Litre Chest Fridge / Freezer Digital Platinum Series
Model No MT45G-P
Category Chest Fridge / Freezer
Capacity 40 Litre
External dimensions H 508 W 648 D 364 mm
Internal dimensions H 370 W 380 D 260 mm
Net Weight 24 Kg
DC Power Consumption Variable from 0.5 to 2.6 AMPS Maximum
Power Built In 240Volt AC / 12Volt DC / 24Volt
Warranty 1 Year return to base (See warranty terms)

Product Specifications

Name 60 Litre Chest Fridge / Freezer
Model No MD60F
Capacity 60 Litre (80 X 375ml Cans)
External dimensions H 441 W 790 D 490 (Please note that the external dimensions do not include the Carry Handles if fitted they increase the width by 50 mm each end.)
Internal dimensions H 310 W 510 D 390
Net Weight 33 Kg
DC Power Consumption Variable from 0.5 to 4.2 AMPS Maximum
Power 12/24Volt DC

Product Specifications

Name 80 Litre Chest Fridge / Freezer
Model No MD80F
Capacity 60 Litre (80 X 375ml Cans)
External dimensions H 561 W 790 D 490 (Please note that the external dimensions do not include the Carry Handles if fitted they increase the width by 50 mm each end.)
Internal dimensions H 430 W 510 D 390
Net Weight 39 Kg
DC Power Consumption Variable from 0.5 to 4.2 AMPS Maximum
Power 12/24Volt DC

grubstake said:
Here in Australia, the new Engel MT-V models are being sold with a five (5) year manufacturer warranty!

https://www.mygenerator.com.au/engel-warranty

Thanks Grub I will check em out,,

You see In my post above where he says about the importers use to do the 3 year warranty where he is talking about them as if they are a Third Party ??, Well I did some checking and I typed in to Google "Engel Fridge Importers UK" and this came up at the Top of the List, And it is Him so he is lying to me, I think this Post needs to be reported to Engel Australia,

Here's the link I found. And it Clearly States that they have a 3 year warranty

http://www.engelfridges.co.uk/

AND Here is the Company I was going to buy the Engel from, IT states when you click on every fridge that it has 12 months warranty As he said in his email, And it turns out that Both Links are The Same Guy Where One link says it's 12 months as he said in the email and the other is 3 years, Regardless He is insisting on only giving me 12 months warranty and his terms and conditions as the most corrupt I have ever come across.

And another thing He is charging more for the 80L Engel than I paid for the ARB 47L and the ARB 78L and the Dometic CDF-18 all together and still I'd have $110.00+ Change left over, He clearly is trying to get out of making any sales, So maybe he has a feud going with Engel Australia.

http://www.mps-trading.co.uk/search.asp?brand=Engel&types=Chest+Fridge/Freezer

1593383530_mps_home_page.jpg

I am trying to contact Engel Australia but for some reason I keep getting an error code page come up. ]:D ]:D ]:D

Latest posts