Rawgold Gold Prospecting Tours / Training in Victoria (Andrew Bales)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone of the forum members has attended one of Andrew Bales's 1 day geology training coures he runs in the GT. Any feedback would be great appreciate, I was considering putting my name down for one.

AuTitch

Gedday there AuTitch .. Go for it! And thank you for your post. I hadnt heard of Andrew and his extensive work in the field, so I had a quick sqizz at his Raw Gold website (see below). He is clearly an erudite and dedicated bloke who has identified an important niche market here .. It may be only a one day introductory course, but Im sure it will spur you on to gather further knowledge that is critical to anyone and everyone in the gold gathering game. Good luck and let us know how you go.

http://www.rawgold.com.au/

He appears to be a very knowledgeable fella. The courses are normally $350 but he's doing a special for $295 ATM.
You would want to pick up some decent tips for that price, reckon I'll wait to hear some feedback before booking.

Jesus!....you can go to his website and download an introduction to geology right there for zilch!...or go to google and go as far into geology as you want to go.!..Maybe you get a field day with lunch and beers supplied in the 295 bucks!..at least that's what I would want for that kinda cash. :rolleyes:

Been to 2 of Andrews Bash lectures and his full day lecture with second half of day in the fields . He is excellent and the full day lecture has turned out a winner for me . I now detect totally differently and so far i'm reading the ground and minerals easier and definitely finding more gold . The day course is not expensive and when you equate it to about 6 grams of gold it is a bargain .

Cheers
goldrat

Fair enough,goldrat...I dip's me lid! and bow to your welcome advise! :p just sceptical of all things involving dollars to the inexperienced and vulnerable amongst us out there! ;) If you can confirm that this is a straight up and down operation.. as you have done Peter..then yes it is money well spent! ;) ]:D Cheers Rossco.

Hi.
I second Goldrat comment, I did his one day course at Dunolly, he VERY passionate about his work, I went up to him after his talk at Gold Bash and ask him a Question HE WAS VERY HAPPY TO ANSWER, very open.

Cheers Crow pickens

Andy,

I'm going. Looking forward to meeting up with a fellow PA members. By all accounts it's a great day's tuition.

Autitch aka Adrian

G'Day Guys

I'm looking for a tour in Vic. and I have contacted Andrew Bales ( RawGold.com.au ) by messenger on FB.

He sent a couple of replies and now he has gone AWOL !!!

Anyone know whats happened with him ?

TIA

Andrew (Raw Gold) doesn't do tours, just a geology intro for prospectors. As mentioned he's currently up north filming for The Weekend Prospector, think he mentioned it would cover more of Australia in future when a few did the course with him. Think there's a link in PA to a few tour operators, no harm in spending a quid or 2 and scouting around based on the info you pick up (best option) ... then again almost any Vic goldfield should give you a bit of colour ..... and if you're a believer of all that's said about the new Coiltek/NF coils old trashed grounds will give up heaps the other detector have missed.

He has a course next Saturday the 19th of November, I'm very much looking forward to it .
Cheers

Latest posts