Ramjet's detector finds for 2017. . XP Deus.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
golddiggerart said:
That knife cleaned up well RJ....I found one tonight a loud 40 TID on the 705....Couldn't believe the one I found ranges from $140 - $180....
Hope you don't mind me sharing it here...

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...621_1318422294941767_743706436521624390_n.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...22_1318419804942016_1260912604837087608_n.jpg

The nice knife in my pic is just an example off the Net. I doubt I will ever get mine in a usable condition but I will try. Molasses bath for a start.
Your knife is a beauty.

Went out with Rocket today to one of the sites we have covered before.. It was raining and muddy. I was happy enough with my finds and a bit sick of the mud so I went home after a couple of hours. Rocket moved to another of our older sites and did well. Definitely worth going back over old site when you have more experience.

1498717749_20170629_154103.jpg

1498717751_20170629_154304.jpg

1498717750_20170629_154236.jpg

Yes, great result from ground we had hit a few times. Squeaking out the small silvers is satisfying!

At least you got the biggest silver RJ :D
:Y: :cool: :Y:
must be that bitta Silver Magic your sporting there aye ! :p

I love the fact that it's nearly impossible to get everything from a site. Always great going back and being rewarded time after time. Nice hunt RJ.

golddiggerart said:
OMG I am so Jelly over your spots....lol Absolutely delightful sight Rod.... Smashing it. :) :Y:

Thanks GDA. We are lucky that we live in an area with many old sites.

B5MECH said:
devil What a Devil of a dig RJ yikes cool thumbsup ...Clean silver from the ground glasses

Cheers B5. I have cleaned those silvers a little. ;) They were not so clean when I dug them up.

rocketaroo said:
Yes, great result from ground we had hit a few times. Squeaking out the small silvers is satisfying!

Couldn't agree more Rocket. I believe the smaller silvers are the most challenging to find. Nice to cover old ground with more experience.... and better machines. We have a few sites to return to.

silver said:
At least you got the biggest silver RJ big_smile
thumbsup cool thumbsup
must be that bitta Silver Magic your sporting there aye ! tongue

As I said above... the smaller are harder to find. Would have been nice to get a Florry to fill the house but such is life.

Heatho said:
I love the fact that it's nearly impossible to get everything from a site. Always great going back and being rewarded time after time. Nice hunt RJ.

So true Heath. The 2nd site Rocket went to has been kind to us but still keeps producing after many visits. Partly we are more experienced ans partly that we keep going back and clearing out the trash. It's a nice site with little modern trash. I reckon Rocket has just about finished it today.

An inverted pentagram ]:D just imagine the shape of a goats head imposed over it 8)

A bit of friendly advice - don't light 5 candles and put them above each point :lol: your life might take a big turn for the worse :N:

Other than that - silver :p

Second site pushes my skills, its not very trashy, but its full of BHP waste, iron, coke, coal, etc. I think it very little more to offer, as it only seems to have had 2 hotspots...and we have given them alot of work.

I know what you mean,I went for a swing at the Mayfield sporting oval on the industrial highway a while back.

The car parking on the western side is extremely busy,I reckon that the BHP had dumped plenty of slag as filling,the noise could drive you mad,well me anyway 8)

cashgoldsilver said:
I know what you mean,I went for a swing at the Mayfield sporting oval on the industrial highway a while back.

The car parking on the western side is extremely busy,I reckon that the BHP had dumped plenty of slag as filling,the noise could drive you mad,well me anyway 8)

The baseball one? Yes, it is aweful. We tried that in 2015, and gave-up on it. That oval is old enough, we should try again.

rocketaroo said:
cashgoldsilver said:

The baseball one? Yes, it is aweful. We tried that in 2015, and gave-up on it. That oval is old enough, we should try again.

At the back of the canteen a cross near the house = Mental 8)

Latest posts