"RAILWAY HOTEL" and "BAKERY" DUNOLLY

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
At long last the Railway Hotel has reopened in Dunolly . Congratulations to Trent , Family and staff . Welcome to Dunolly and I hope you enjoy your future in Dunolly . If the first week is any indication the locals are very appreciative of the opportunity to once again have a historic hospitality meeting place . I wonder if we will see as much gold be shown around the bar as in the early 1980s after a day VLF detecting .!!!!!!!
For all forum members who regularly or occasionally prospect in the area the Hotel is open 7 days a week with meals , Thursday to Saturday - lunch and dinner with a Sunday roast lunch only . The Hotel has Sky ( TAB opens August 12th ) and for other sports enthusiasts Fox Sports .

The other exciting news for Dunolly is the " Bakery wins the Gold Medal " for Best Bakery in the Triangle . All who have ever sampled their products would know how good they are . Now they have bragging rights along with $1,000.00 radio advertising package on 3GB-Vic . Well done to management and staff of the Bakery .
Hope this report is of interest to our members and forum visitors .

Cheers
goldrat

Sure is! great pasties at the bakery,have been known to partake occasionally, also to have a frothy at the railway. Btw whats happening with the royal,is it still being renovated?

Dunolly bakery where would we meet if it wasn't for them great pies and coffee well done to them. :D

Good news about the Pub I miss the counter teas and several stubbie evenings when I'm in town which is often !!
My missus loves the coffee at the bakery too.

GT :)

mardymoose said:
Sure is! great pasties at the bakery,have been known to partake occasionally, also to have a frothy at the railway. Btw whats happening with the royal,is it still being renovated?

The Royal has come to a standstill , they had a council order to repair the verandah which took 4 or 5 months . The kitchen and bar are completely stripped of all operating equipment .A water leak was discovered below the bar and all flooring and actual bar have been dismantled and removed .
Now the Railway has opened and looking great inside , I fear that the Royal will not open . I have been in Hotels for 50 years and although Dunolly is going ahead with several more shops opening the town cannot support 2 Hotels .

Cheers
goldrat

The Royal was sold / purchased as a residential property, the liquor licence was relinquished. It would be a very expensive operation to get it to a state to then apply for a liquor licence. I don't think it will ever happen.
As Goldrat has mentioned, the town cannot support 2 hotels.
I had a feed at the Railway on the weekend, a nice option to have back.
When in town please support them.

Latest posts