R.I.P. - Passing of Famous/Notable Persons

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find kids that do that sort of stuff dont have any friends
They have kids that hang around them because they are to scared of them not to
My son was threatened with suspension because he retaliated when he was hit first
And the parents of the offending child had the nerve to say their child would never pick on another child and that all of the witness were not telling the truth
And there were many complaints about this child from other parents we found out later
My son was never picked on again at that school
Oh did i mention the the offending child was the deputy head master's son

The wife and I were discussing bullying last night, I asked if she was ever bullied at school and her response was that she was called a freckle face, that was about it. I don't ever recall being bullied at school but I did have an instance at work once, it was quickly nipped in the bud with a few judicious words in private with the offender.
Im not sure what the answer is to the current situation, it appears to be coming more prevalent and I think social networking and the anonymity of it is a contributor.
Marksman, your story hit home, my brothers, both ex coppers used to tell me stories where parents just would not concede their child had done anything wrong, some no matter how much evidence was put in front of them.
Respect for your parents, the law, teachers etc seems to be lacking in many.

My youngest boy (he passed away in 1994 - age 24) was bullied relentlessly at a local high school. He had just transferred there and because he had a medical issue that required him having a tube in his stomach, was singled out and bullied by a number of classmates. Numerous approaches to the principal made no difference. He just didn't care and in the end I pulled my son out of school for his own safety.
The son of a friend of mine was so fed up seeing weaker kids being bullied at school that he took on the bullies. The school principal suspended him from school and wouldn't even listen to evidence from him or any of the other kids. As I said in my post above "Laws should be past making school principals and the education department responsible for bullying in the schools. And they should face gaol time. Maybe then the bastards will start doing their jobs and looking after the kids theyre paid to care for."

Just read a story about a 12yo girl in the US who was being bullied at school. Her mother went with the girl to see the principal. Instead of helping, he humiliated the child and gave her a poker chip with a smart a@*e comment.
One hour later the little girl had taken her own life. 8.( :brokenh:

It seems that no one cares about the victims of bullies. Bullies are a protected species! It is all about caring for the bully who "comes from a broken home or has mental issues or was abused or neglected by his/her parents". WELL TOUGH SHITE. The only time we hear of a bully being punished is when some poor kid who has been bullied relentlessly, gets a gun/knife and shoots/stabs his tormentor. And then HE is considered some sort of monster. :mad:

Sorry. I am now climbing down off my soap box.
Cheers.

While Agree on a lot of points , the problem with schools being made responsible I cannot. Sure they should be made to try stop it if able , and if not it should become a police matter. As mentioned when reported most of the time parents never claim any responsibility as my little precious would never do that. A little more ass kicking of nasty kids and irresponsible entitled parerents wouldnt go astray.
No Im not a teacher but my wife is and some of the stuff they have to deal with nowadays is completely wrong.

Bullying is a parenting issue.

Expecting schools and teachers to fix things neglected at home is [insert non-offending description].

Sorry, but if you are a teacher or a school principal, you have a duty of care to the kids you teach.
If you wish to close your eyes and ears to children being ASSAULTED (physically and/or emotionally) at school, get another job.
I appreciate the hard work our teachers do and there's no way I'd want to handle a mob of screaming kids or hormonal teenagers. (I'd rather wrangle a herd of wild buffalo, thanks very much).
But too often these days school bullies get away with it because of their age and because school principals want to protect the schools reputation but not the kids being bullied.
The bully at Bega High School was arrested and charged, but come on .......... she's a minor and nothing will come of it.
On the news last night ........ yesterday the kids from Bega High were going to hold a rally at their school to protest against bullying.
But guess what - the Education Dept stepped in and stopped their protest from going ahead.
I REST MY CASE! The Education Department protecting their own collective a@ses.

Sorry, climbing down off my soap box again.
Over and out.

Think it's been said ......................... a few good swift kicks up the ass would probably solve many issues with todays children. In my book it all stems from the same thing, simply being a lack of respect for others or their property. Why ? because they know their untouchable ...................... not in my house.
Have to add here, a duty of care re teachers no problem but the responsibility of a child falls on that childs parents as it's THEIR child not the teachers.

Here is a few Dads that have got the right idea :Y:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-07/dad-makes-son-run-to-school-after-bullying-on-bus/9522508

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sy-intersection-finds-picking-classmates.html

Michael fought a long protracted battle with various bowel/stomach cancers, sadly he passed on Sunday afternoon.

An hour or so before he passed he said to his son (and father?) what are you doing here, they need you out there (Eastern Vic fires).

Lachie did as his father requested and is currently helping with the fires raging through East Vic.

He'll be interviewed on one of the news services tonight.

Hope the Greenies/anti-loggers and ignorant pollies get their act together so that fuel reduction becomes more widespread and there's less chance of these severe fires occurring in other parts of the state/country.

RIP Michael,
Tom

1551665650_52911771_10215773628028448_274420626070962176_o.jpg

Latest posts