Question about my sieve

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am just double checking something with you all.
Went into detectaden in fyshwick and got my 1/8 plastic sieve a few weeks back and got around to washing some rocks on the weekend with it.
My question is....Should the middle of the sieve be raised, lower or level on the bottom.
Mine is raised and I found it hard to get all the heavies in the centre...?
I have previously used a metal one and it seemed flat to the best of my knowledge and it worked like a treat.

Am I going nuts......?

Dan

plastic ones do warp get some metal ones mate they will keep there shape no your not going nuts on ebay you can get both for 60 or 70 bucks not to bad worth the money :)

Yeah he was out of the metal when I went in and I was busting to go so I got the plastic :(
Basically itwas bent before I used it, I wonder if he will do a swapsie for me..??
I agree thou I want the metal now.
Might go see him in the next few days as I am heading out again friday.

Dan

I don't mind the high rimmed plastic ones, they are no good for getting heavies to the centre but they are great for classifying larger amounts of material. I use the plastic ones and fill up 2 white buckets with classified materieal, one 1/4 inch and one 1/8 inch bucket. Then I use the metal ones for centering/flipping.

Latest posts