Queensland (Qld) weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Creek next door
1645947695_creek_next_door.jpg

I thought the rain was easing then another band of rain which was going south turned inland with moderate to heavy rain which could last another hour or two. PHEW!! ATM 182 ml for the 11 hrs.

Mackka said:
Creek next doorhttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2446/1645947695_creek_next_door.jpg

Hadn't realised you worked out how to load photos Mackka :Y: well done :beer: I hope you stay dry and safe mate.

Thanks RM, had another 325mm yesterday. I f someone can offer advice please. I have a large cypress that had been up-rooted but not out of the ground. How do i pull it back and stabilize it. Any advice would be appreciated. I don't have a 4 x4 to pull it.
Cheers
Mackka

Mackka said:
Thanks RM, had another 325mm yesterday. I f someone can offer advice please. I have a large cypress that had been up-rooted but not out of the ground. How do i pull it back and stabilize it. Any advice would be appreciated. I don't have a 4 x4 to pull it.
Cheers
Mackka

Mackka I'd normally use the winch on my 4B if you don't have then could suggest just get a chain block (block and tackle) to pull it straight. Or a decent ratchet strap will also do it ? After tree is up right then run four guy wires to hold it until ground becomes stable again. Again ratchet straps are good for that, just use something around trunk so you don't scar it

Diginit said:
Mackka said:
Cheers
Mackka

Mackka I'd normally use the winch on my 4B if you don't have then could suggest just get a chain block (block and tackle) to pull it straight. Or a decent ratchet strap will also do it ? After tree is up right then run four guy wires to hold it until ground becomes stable again. Again ratchet straps are good for that, just use something around trunk so you don't scar it

Car axles make good pegs for in the ground

I think the Brisbane rain is moving down to Sydney . Plus a bit extra from Melbourne ........

tell ya what things are pretty bleak for alot of people right now, i was in sofala at the NAPFA AGM on the weekend had to leave early got the call from the mrs water was coming into the house (were in redcliffe) i came accross the gap through warwick and got pinned just before the kalbar turnoff water was a good meter over the road. turned into Kalbar for a rest didn't want to stay near the highway and at 2am the flows had dropped enough to get onto the cunningham it was a ghost town not a soul on the road, all four lanes into ipswitch accept the right lane were covered in water lots of cars in the bushes.

I've seen kalbar flooded before this was worse as i've seen been going there for 20 years, i was so lucky to get through in the break between tides so many are stuck on that side of town. my heart goes out to those who've been stuck on their roofs for days and they think another low is forming that will hit before end of week.

stay safe out there folks

Dave's Office said:
Thoughts and best wishes to all the people so badly affected by these floods, unless you've been through some of the events mother nature throws at us such as floods, fires and storms it's impossible to fully feel the loss and heartache of those that have. :brokenh: 8.(

Very succinctly put Dave, please everyone stay safe, our thoughts are with you all.

How's the situation panning out for you all, reports on the radio are saying some might be in for more rain this weekend or next week.

The part I struggle to comprehend with this weather system is its about to touch down in eastern Vic and the BOM are putting out warnings for places that might (Just a maybe) receive 50mm :lol: Yes Victoria does have topography that can cause localised affects BUT :(

OH&S is in Steroid mode this week in Victoria and busted a poopa valve at the same time :zzz: ( Reminds me of Kevin Bloody Wilson's, Hang'n Hemorrhoid Twist) Whatever dictates a bureaucracy to issue warnings for 50mm is an over reaction in this instance imo :rolleyes: God help us when they change the topic from covid back to climate change 8.(

Latest posts