Queensland (Qld) weather advice and information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, same for a lot of NSW. Was heading to Sofala area for the weekend but with the predicted rain and potentially severe thunderstorms didn't bother. Checking the radar I would have been setting up in a fair down pour. There is always another weekend but disappointing all the same.

Yeah Dogmatic, it is disappointing, but oh well there'll be another weekend to go out aye?

Hasnt stopped today at all....dont come north cause you will get stuck here.....we will be flooded tomorrow ....or evening.

Very heavy rain at Cootharaba (50 k north Gympie ) and still falling heavy . Road flooded over at 6 mile creek and lots of wat3r every where .
Be very careful if you are driving on the roads up here .

yobskin said:
Its one meter away from 18meter rise in 12hrs.
Isolation here we come.....its the only time get the boat out.

I kinda want to experience something like this just because I never have. Live in the driest state where a 50mm rain event is considered extreme. Hard to wrap my head around so much water dropping down in a couple days.

I have had no luck posting vids nor pics on this forum.....
Seen my general permission area deep creek flowing with 16m of water.....im really hoping it takes that 1st 2m of overburden off for me....would luv to get back into some big colour without braking the old back.....
Slight break in rain today very windy....still raining west of us.
You might wanna try gympie fbook sites ect.

Latest posts