Purity of gold at Windeyer NSW ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I would like to know the purity of gold around Windeyer . Had a look on the internet but cannot find it .

I had a fire assay done for Turon River gold , will have to go and find the result .

Found it , 87 % gold . Does not say what the rest was , most likely copper .

Whenever I've of heard of anyone getting their gold from around the general area tested it seems be around that ~90% mark or better.
Last lot I know of sold to a jeweller in Dubbo, & from the Meroo River, was tested + paid at 95% gold. My assumption is it was tested using XRF.
Impurities would likely include some Ag silver.

I also had gold Oallen fire assayed . It is 96.9 % gold . Both were "free bee's " ! They were done by Andre a well respected fire assayer , they even knew of him in South Africa .

You need to supply 0.2 of a gram of gold dust to do fire assay . An XRF needs a small blob or flake . Back in the 1980's I did set up an XRF machine for Warman , I was working for them . It needed it's own water cooling system . and a bank of computers . Times have changed .

These give good approximations but tend to be not very accurate (not because of instrument inaccuracy but because of the nature of ones sample etc). Fire assay is best for an accurate assay of a significant-sized sample (it is usually followed by another analytical technique). Acid dissolution without fire assay is another approach but can be 30% out in sulphide-rich samples.

I would like to know the purity of gold around Windeyer . Had a look on the internet but cannot find it .

I had a fire assay done for Turon River gold , will have to go and find the result .

Found it , 87 % gold . Does not say what the rest was , most likely copper .
Almost certainly mostly silver

Latest posts