Purchased a second Equinox 600.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 14190

Too old to care anyway.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Purchased an Equinox 600 a couple of weeks ago off ebay from a company in Tamworth, felt is was a good deal at $899.00, but with a discount I was offered by ebay ended up getting it for $824.00 with free delivery and I thought that was good. As we both like detecting and have started on the local beach's I jokingly said I will have a look at another one for my wife and there was one at Anaconda for $799.00 with $9.90 delivery and another discount offered by ebay bringing it down to $729.27 including freight so I purchased another one for my wife. I looked at the ratings for Anaconda and they were not terrific, lot of complaints about delivery time. The confirming email stated that we should have it by tomorrow, but in small writing at the bottom of the page it also states that there may be a slight delay as I understand that they have to get one of the shops to dispatch the item as the way I read it they do not have an actual on line sales department, could be wrong there, but just got notification that it is on the way, so going out this afternoon to see how we go with the 'old' one and the new scoop and the long handle that I just fitted, see how it all goes. :Y: :Y: :Y:

We went and had a detect on a short beach just below Huskisson on Jervis bay with the Equinox 600, seems to be a popular beach, but big drop off just below the low tide area and very rocky just below the sand, so we did along the low to high tide area. Got a total of $4.90 coins, 1 snapper sinker and a few smaller ones, one toy lead soldier, many bits of aluminum and steel bottle caps and one valve spring retainer, was unable to find the rest of the motor, figure that it must be there somewhere, probably out in the deeper water :lol: :lol: :lol:

1552081394_b054e8e6-64c9-448d-952f-f94a04bb5e45.jpg

Just got myself a 600 using this exact method, using anaconda eBay store discount + eBay coupon code. $769.20 delivered! (I could only find a 5% off eBay code, I wanted a 10%, but the discounts capped at $50 anyway. I got an extra $30 off so good enough)

Been wanting an 800 for a while but looked seriously at the comparisons and the 600 has everything I need, I dont need the extra bells and whistles of the 800. 600 has the same performance so I pulled the trigger after wanting one since release! Cant wait, should be a nice upgrade from my 400i! Should be here any day now!

As I said in my first post about this, they do not seem to have a dedicated depot for on line sales, ours took about 3 days before we got notification that it had been sent and it was sent from the Wagga store, most of the complaints that I read seem to be about the delivery time. I have found with ebay and the discount it seems to vary sometimes during the day, just have to watch. Agree with the 800 we have GPX and an SDC for the gold, so this is for the beach and what ever. Ours will be here Monday, so we are booked in to go and try it out at about 5pm, this time I do the digging and the wife gives the orders where to dig. :lol: :lol: :lol: Since she got her own xpointer pro and soon her own detector she will be hard to keep up with once I set up the scoop that is also on order it will be all go.

Latest posts