Proposed crown land management changes NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interestingly, following completing this petition, I got an email from GetUp, an organisation I detest. It was about the horror of Trump and was essentially drumming up support for GetUp. I told them where to go, but was disappointed that the petition site appears to be an offshoot of GU. Anyone else get a similar email?

DrDuck said:
Interestingly, following completing this petition, I got an email from GetUp, an organisation I detest. It was about the horror of Trump and was essentially drumming up support for GetUp. I told them where to go, but was disappointed that the petition site appears to be an offshoot of GU. Anyone else get a similar email?

Yep, I received that one, and another one this morning. I don't know too much about them

Isolation, there is an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. They are notorious for the number of emails they send out to supporters, and it looks like filling in the petition on Crown Lands has led them to count us as supporters!

Yep Doc, I got the same one and unsubscribed at the first possible chance.

Did get this in an email though.....

Hi Everyone,

On behalf of many, I would like to thank you all again for signing this petition. And thanks also to those that were able to join me at very short notice, to hand over the petition.

It has taken me till now to sit down & collect my thoughts and attempt to give a summary of these events. I returned home on Wednesday morning at 4am from the Chamber Gallery, to find all communication services knocked after storms, until late last night. I guess that has allowed some time for reflection.

Of course by now many will know the outcome.

It was bitter sweet for some that whilst St Albans & other Commons were made safe (for now), the rest of NSW was sold down the river. I found it very hard to find any joy in 'our' win. Our ultimate goal was the deferment of the entire Bill. What we got was a deferment of the status of Commons. Having removed The Commons Management Act 1989 from this Bill, they said they would review it 'next year'. But I am reminded by others how substantial that is in itself.

The Chamber of the Legislative Council of NSW were quite awed by how so much was achieved in such a short time. This petition being a big part of that and is now referred to in the Hansard*. Other action groups were and still are, greatly buoyed by this petitions success.

There was a point in the debate that I felt hopeful deferment would be supported. Certainly, if it were just based on the strength & excellence of the arguments, it should have been an easy win. Members Mick Veitch, Courtney Houssos, David Shoebridge, Penny Sharpe, Mahreen Faruqi, Ernest Wong, Mark Pearson, Walt Secord, Peter Primrose. Lynda Voltz, all spoke strongly, intelligently & rationally to the many reasons why deferment was the best course to take in the protection of good legislation in NSW.

These I will call the defenders of good policy.

I was greatly disappointed that other critical cross benches, didnt support the deferment.

I will call these the enablers of bad policy.

And alas things go on unseen, deals are done and the end result seems counter-intuitive.

Please stay engaged & tuned to what other efforts or actions may be still to come. This petition will be staying live for a while yet, so anyone who wishes can still sign.

Doesn't read all that promising to me.

Was listening to Ray Hadley yesterday as he was broadcasting from Orange (once my stomping ground ;) ) and he was commenting on the sale of a showground somewhere in Sydney I think?? Near a train station and it was going to have units built on it. Look out NSW its happening!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Billy.

Get up is bank rolled by that well trouble maker George Soros,who promotes open borders,he is behind a lot of the trouble in Europe.
Do some research on him.
I am afraid we are part of the world of politics,whether we like it or not.
We have big fight here Vic,they want to make east of Melbourne park,after that over to the goldfields in the west.

Latest posts