Posting KML's or large PDF files

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a load of info, sample size, depths, locations, results from EL's in Black Springs SF. Is it possible to post a KML or large PDF's (the reports)? Personally I don't believe all the info (although I'd love to be proved wrong) but does give insight into that very large diamond and how much mining actually occurred.
1528981586_bs.jpg

LoneWolf said:
File not beginning with PDF... That's what I see...

LW...

Cool. You tried it. :Y: :)

This is the screen I hope you got. Anyway, it's what I got.

1528986270_save_as.jpg

Right click, save as (all file types) KMZ. Open KMZ and voila you will get this.

1528986045_bv3.jpg

I don't want to waste my timing posting 20 KMZ files if it's to hard to download. Lesson learned with Garmin.

Just confirmed it should/does work. For those who wish to check out Vulcan SF with slightly better info. These files will contain information taken from many different samples - Date of sample, location (some of these I have had to convert from a different datum), size of sample, mineral found (generally Sapphire), the amount per cu M and the report the information came from which can be downloaded from the old 'DIGS' site http://digsopen.minerals.nsw.gov.au/ .It may also included certain other information that may be of interest like the color, clarity and size of the individual stones.

One particular place of interest is Reg's Flat. Where a major search for diamonds occurred and where apparently a 27ct diamond was found - not by the mining company. The exploration pit is still visible by the road and can be seen from Google Earth. A large amount of sapphire was recovered from there. Last time I was in that area someone had taking samples with an auger. Also the only place in VSF I specked a sapphire on the road.
I never got to look into this much at all as kids came along about the time I did the research.

To do: Download the PDF. Change the file extension name from pdf to KMZ. Done. Open. Google Earth will open showing peg location. The pegs are also color and size coded to give away indication of the results in the sample.

I've got all the test pit info as well downloaded, test hole numbers co ordinates and test results from eash pit, it's all good info. I've heard other stories about that diamond too and that it was found up in the Mt Werong area. Anyway, we'll probably never know for sure..... :(

Sorry still not getting it... I have a different screen than what you get and can only press OK... Then a blank page.... May be my settings too... Any-one else?

LW....

Heatho said:
I've got all the test pit info as well downloaded, test hole numbers co ordinates and test results from eash pit, it's all good info. I've heard other stories about that diamond too and that it was found up in the Mt Werong area. Anyway, we'll probably never know for sure..... :(

The diamond is a strange story. Which I don't totally get. But it's interesting a number, small, were found in the area claimed at Reg's Flat. Although dig around enough on 'DIGS' and they are thinly scattered all around that area. Funnily enough I found a heck of a lot about sapphire locations when reading annual reports about looking for diamonds.

As you said, I doubt the true story will ever be known. I don't think I've even seen a picture of it either.

StoneTheCrows said:
I get the same as LW not a pdf

It is not a pdf. It won't open as one. It should download. You may have to find it and change the name from "1528983418_brisbane_valley_creek_headwaters.pdf" to "1528983418_brisbane_valley_creek_headwaters.kmz"

I tried on a tablet and managed it. Then I tried on a phone without being logged in and it downloaded although it would not allow me to change the title.

LoneWolf said:
Sorry still not getting it... I have a different screen than what you get and can only press OK... Then a blank page.... May be my settings too... Any-one else?

LW....

Just called the wife at work to do it. She gets the exact same result as you. :(

I was hoping this was going to be a simple here's some info put in one file. Enjoy. Not to be........

I just don't want to sign up to drop boxes etc. I may have too.
Let me think about it.

I am using Adobe Reader on my desktop computer. I clicked on your link. In the resulting window, I highlighted .pdf and changed it to KMZ then saved it to my desktop, no worries. Then when I clicked on the file, it opened up with the POI viewer app that I have in my desktop computer.
So I guess I might be on the right track. :Y:

Spent many weeks at Reg's Flat and have found a lot of small sapphires. Still searching ,but has not proved as good as other areas. Something keeps drawing me back sinking holes.

Heatho said:
Yep works for me also, nice work Mr Magoo. :Y:

Cool. So it does work, at least for some. I'll do it over the next couple of days as it's done over a number files. Someone would probably know how to combine them.

@LW even tried using the same browser as the wife 'FireFox' and it still worked. Her work computer is windows 7 while I'm 10.

dunny said:
Spent many weeks at Reg's Flat and have found a lot of small sapphires. Still searching ,but has not proved as good as other areas. Something keeps drawing me back sinking holes.

Same here, I just wanted a good dig but my daughter who was two at the time kept thinking I was digging sand pits for her to sit in. I think the test pit was nearly 2M deep???

StoneTheCrows said:
Got it

Thanks for the extra info on saving Mr Magoo

Nice work

:Y: :Y: :Y:

Yer. It's a bit of a funny way of moving files a round. But opens things up a bit more.

Latest posts