Picture posting warning.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Nugget should be made aware so he can liaise with Harri,..then when it's all fixed(soon as ) this thread should be deleted immidiately so it's not visible to anyone.

I remember this topic a while ago.
There is a link in here to it.
The forum software automatically strips the meta data off.
A lot of web sites are set to do this now to protect us.
Go pick an image any where in here then right click and have a look through the inspect element or view image info.

Tathradj said:
I remember this topic a while ago.
There is a link in here to it.
The forum software automatically strips the meta data off.
A lot of web sites are set to do this now to protect us.
Go pick an image any where in here then right click and have a look through the inspect element or view image info.

Unfortunately my test proves it is not stripped

rgds

Barry

Oh crap, You are right.
Sorry about that. :8
This better be fixed ASAP.

That is what I did. :) :)

Just did mate and not good on your image.
I always have my location services turned off including all data on the phone.
I just checked a few of my images both here and on some other sites and all good.
But, Just once or twice some thing might get through so I will strip the data my self as a precaution.
Bloody hell, The things you do not expect are often the worst.
Thanks for that.

bazza2210 said:
Simmo said:
Hey Bazz, how do you find that info?
I saved your foto then looked at properties etc and see nothing???

Google EXIF viewer there are a couple of online viewers but I would go for a standalone application installed on a PC if you can find one

Barry

I suppose only if I were looking for info on a foto eh?

My point is, most viewers of a foto, would not have access to EIxF data unless they wanted to get it..... and that would entail using a 3rd party software??

Magilla said:
Just a heads up to those that may not know.

When you post pictures you need to be aware that depending on how they were taken you may be giving away a lot more information than you intended to. Take a look at this clip, it explains it very well.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/xvZF-yP_ceU

and that's why I hardly take pics outside of mines sites cos underground your gps info cant get in printed onto the photo :)

your image has data blocking now baz !

quiet a few photos still dont but, gee i love firefox

Thanks for that Tricky Dick ....
I just turned off the geo tag on my phone....
Very good info from all on this topic ....

Cheers
Nanjim

Thats funny i didnt even look at the url i juat copied it. Of course it wont strip data from an image hosted on another site.

Latest posts