Park damage Wollongong

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got these pics from a Facebook group. It is apparently a "high profile beach side park" in the Wollongong area. This is a great way to get councils banning detecting and we will see the No Detecting signs being erected. I hope it is not a member of this forum but who ever it is should be embarrassed and ashamed.

Please learn some less destructive retrieval methods. Here is a link to Goldtarget's "slit method" topic which is a great read. I have also posted a video below explaining some methods. https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=15298

1497432880_19149063_10213644216843992_2845165865044465364_n.jpg

1497432880_19145887_10213644217364005_144963965200446555_n.jpg

1497432880_19225548_10213644216963995_3544239689858764396_n.jpg

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/YzEZNWMXKDE[/video]

What the #@*+ :eek:

Even if you lack the skill to do the "slit" method or similar not even attempting to fill in those holes is completely outrageous :mad:

If that keeps up we will all be on the beach detecting with that being banned also because of the fights 8)

What a complete dud/s :N:

Headslap. Even if there was $2 in every hole the cost of that damage is ten fold.

Council's should issue a detecting license for responsible people so all of us aren't tarred with the same brush.

This is just reckless and beyond words. Anything else I'd like to say is unprintable.

Hope they catch up with the person responsible.

Detecting license bcause some prick cant fill. Eff no. Then you will get more vandalism from those who dont want to pay it in a hurry, like out of towner prospectors who dont fill, they proove a license doesnt make a difference.
Too many greedy people who enjoy taking advantage of it all with NO RESPECT, but they must feel they are special to not fill holes and dig wherever they want. Cazy lunts. If you see such damage you need to report them and get them out of the game before were all sent out all it. Or supply us with their address and we can go leave a few plugs in their grass at home.. Raaarr pitchforks :mad:

I hope the crew in the Gong who posted this on their facebook page went to the local "nursery" and got a bucket of red dirt filling those holes picking up the grass as they went :Y:

At least that would tell the local council that someone knows it is wrong and that they are proactive in fixing it :)

The council might see it,scratch their heads and just move on blaming the golfers :lol:

I would like to see a before and after shot.

Note - I could be very wrong,but it does have the "footprint" of a child.

I Love This Forum {)

So bad and disrepect for the area and others, so lazy, doesn't take much to kick the dirt back in. :8

No amount of education will help that guy, wilful damage to the park without even consideration for backfilling the hole. My guess is that they couldn't give a toss.

Did someone see a detectorist do it? The holes look a little straight to me like someone is walking in lines and vandalising the park.
Jon

I just watched a video put online by Andrew Hadson at Leonora WA. He was showing off all the holes he'd dug in new ground for nuggets. Every hole was open without any attempt to kick the dirt back in. It was not as damaging as being in a park but just showed the mentality of some people. They just dont care about others or the results of their actions. I don't think changing rules and permissions will make any difference to some.

cashgoldsilver said:
I hope the crew in the Gong who posted this on their facebook page went to the local "nursery" and got a bucket of red dirt filling those holes picking up the grass as they went :Y:

At least that would tell the local council that someone knows it is wrong and that they are proactive in fixing it :)

The council might see it,scratch their heads and just move on blaming the golfers :lol:

I would like to see a before and after shot.

Note - I could be very wrong,but it does have the "footprint" of a child.

I Love This Forum {)
It was gophers not golfers

tenor.gif

:p

Latest posts