Our new cat

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So..after losing 3 animals in the last 9 months we were gifted with this awesome stray. My family is a true animal loving family and we cannot live without them.
He was found out in the backblocks of Ballarat - Maryborough Rd and needed a home. So here he is.
A right proper lad that takes no crap.
Thankfully he has been knackered cause he'd be nuts if he wasn't.
I wanted to name him Prospect but the kids had other ideas..so Leo it is.

1588501653_20200501_152053.jpg

1588501832_20200416_180916.jpg

1588501833_20200502_190959.jpg

He's a lucky boy. Found by the right family by the looks of things
We just got a new addition to our family. A 4 month old Tabby kitten that needed a good home.
We got him for a bit of company for our 4 year old Tabby. And he hates him at the moment :8.
But slowly getting used to him. We are gradually introducing them so no one gets hurt
I have just spent two days building a cat enclosure off the side of the house and side fence.
And they love it.
I'll send pics once I work out how to do that. Any advice would be appreciated :)

Banjo

Banjo68 said:
Sorry about the sideways pics. Bit more to work out there. Me thinks :(

The poor cats have to put up with a vertical horizon at the moment. If you are using a Windows computer I find paint the easiest thing to resize and rotate photos. Just right click on the photo and open with Paint. Save the photo with a new name and location, I have a ToDo file that takes my temporary work and then when I delete those things I've been working on my 70,000 other photos and videos are still the originals.

On the home tab you have the option to resize. I usually set that at 30% and it gives me a photo of about 500kb then just below that on the same menu you can rotate or flip the photos. Get them all set up right before you try to upload them.

On the enclosure, I built one about 20 years ago using 25mm PVC pipe with elbows and Tee's. It was about 10m long, 1.2m wide and 3m at the highest point above a tree. I used 50x50 plastic trellis mesh and zip tied it to the PVC frame. I made a climbing tree out of a tree and that got them from the floor of the enclosed external games room up to just under the roof where they tracked over an enclosed plank (bridge) to the tree in their enclosure. They had to climb a tree to leave the house and climb a tree to return.

That enclosure lasted a good ten years by just replacing a few zip ties from time to time. I'll see if I can find so old photos.

Latest posts