opened trench, Newcastle CBD

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westatrest

simon
Reaction score
driving to and from work each day, i have noticed in the last week that some contractors or council have dug out a large trench about 100m long just off industrial drive near carrington.just past the 2nd roundabout heading north,outside the fuel depot...looks like they are doing some pipe works in the trench.
its about 3mt wide and looks to be about 1.5 to 2 mt deep, but it looks like it had unearthed some old bricks and building remnants from long ago about 1/2mt down
the site is not fenced off or barricaded, just a few concrete jersey curbs along the roadside..so along as there is no workers around, cant see why anyone with a detector wouldnt be allowed to have a swing to see if something turns up
as that part of Newie is quite old, i would imaging that there must be something in that soil lying to be found
good luck, love to see if something turns up...can't imagine that the trench will be open for very long either!

Haha. I am working right near the spot you mentioned westalot. It is an open drain/old creek that they are cleaning up. Clearing all the weeds etc. Ill go have a look at the bricks in my meal break. Detector is at home today but I'll bring it tomorrow.

Latest posts