Op Shop Find

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I visited my local Op Shop today and was surprised with what I found there. It was a pre decimal clock made from copper with a replica of the 1930 penny. Around the clock face are numerous coins including a 1937 Crown. I paid the $19.25 that they were asking for it and quickly exited the shop. I have searched the net and can find no other. Has anyone else seen one of these, or was I lucky enough to get the one and only.
1441874846_image.jpg

I like the fact you ran out. Great technique.. I use it all the time and smile once I'm out the door ( after I've payed of course :p )

Not sure about your score though for a value unless you just want to keep it because it looks cool but to me, what you payed was generous. When I like something though and I know its worth it, I have no issue giving full amount to charity for it. Is the clock plastic / battery powered?

It doesn't matter..I've looked 3 times at the pics now, looks cool :cool:

Can you see any markings for a signature or is it a label. Any text will help identify it.

A great find , id say someone has put a lot of effort into making that in their garage , id say its a one off for sure , and probably has a bit of age to it too , maybe salvaged from a deceased estate.

Sorry, I've just noticed the whole thing is copper now. At first sight I thought the background was a print and didn't realise it was pressed. My oppinion is completely changed now :) cameras hide features at the best of times.. :rolleyes:

The copper work certainly looks hand done , the lettering around the coin is not uniform , so doubtful in my mind to be something mass produced by way of a template that the copper was hammered on .

The COMMONWEALTH part of it , particularly the O, N, W, in the middle have not been shaped as well as the other letters which to my eye definately give it that "home made " character

Latest posts