Online Miners Right For WA?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a friend who just found herself stuck in Port Hedland for a week because she missed her flight and she wants to rent a detector for a week, can anyone advise if she can get a miners right online now because despite searching i cant find any link to do it online?

I recall reading here somewhere that you can do a 40E online too since Covid came along?

You have to go into a DMIRS office and do it in person. Visual identity check.

I think the closest office to you would be Karatha.
1599368309_screenshot_20200906-125656_copy_600x800.jpg

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Doug

I had a Miners right years ago in WA but lost the paper work some where between there and QLD. Can I get a new certificate somewhere? It was meant to be a life time thing from memory?

Hi Goldfreak, i was in same boat, lost my 1980 Miners right, am now in vic, when i went home 18 months ago had to call into office and request a letter stating that i was theholder of a miners right, after they get on the computer and check you really do hold one. Do not know if this can be done on line, hope this helps, regards, delapan
PS they do NOT re-issue certificates

Goldfreak said:
I had a Miners right years ago in WA but lost the paper work some where between there and QLD. Can I get a new certificate somewhere? It was meant to be a life time thing from memory?
no Goldfreak they dont issue replacments. you have to apply (& pay) for a new one.
I got one for my son last year by emailing them. A scanned copy of his birth certificate was ok.

Ded Driver said:
Goldfreak said:
no Goldfreak they dont issue replacments. you have to apply (& pay) for a new one.
I got one for my son last year by emailing them. A scanned copy of his birth certificate was ok.

In the last 12 months both my son (in Perth) and brother in law ( Mt Magnet) had letters issued to them from their respective Mine Dept. offices stating they had a Miners Right, no payment involved.

Harald Hardrada said:
Ded Driver said:
Goldfreak said:

In the last 12 months both my son (in Perth) and brother in law ( Mt Magnet) had letters issued to them from their respective Mine Dept. offices stating they had a Miners Right, no payment involved.
thats good news. Last time I asked for a mate at the Kalgoorlie Office (over a year ago) I was given the statement that they dont. :Y:

Yes, they didn't get a new licence as they were both told that they don't reissue them but received a letter stating their old licence number. Brother in laws was from about 40 years ago. Letter suffices for all purposes.

Latest posts