Miners Rights and Tenement Costs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Trying to get acquainted with the rules and regs in WA.

Looking for some guidance from the Gurus on line.

So what I take from the WA DMP site is:

/1/ Up to 200 HA can be pegged and marked out.
/2/ 4 years tenement with 1 off 4 years renewal.
/3/ Application cost is $323
/4/ Rent PA would be $2.6 per HA

The total cost for 4 years = $2403.

Questions:
A - I will be able to use a Metal Detector and prospect for gold Yes?
B - TENGRAPH Online:
Do I need permission to look for gold in the areas blocked in Purple (pending)?
Do I need permission to look for gold in the areas outside the Green (granted) and Purple blocks (apart from the conditions and areas set out in the miners rights application)?

Regards

John

200ha will only add up to around $800-850 john,not sure how you got to 2500,you also have yearly rates,or did your first 4 yrs include rates?
well i call it rates,my wife pays ours,rental or rates for 199 ha in Kal area we pay around $500 a yr.....

JJB100 said:
Questions:
B - TENGRAPH Online:
Do I need permission to look for gold in the areas outside the Green (granted) and Purple blocks (apart from the conditions and areas set out in the miners rights application)?

Regards

John
A= Yes.
B= No. and No. And they call it blue for pending, but yeah it does look purpley blue :)
(I guess the "apart from the conditions" bit includes notifying pastoral leaseholders.)
Just make sure that you double check pending lease...they can change overnight, so you look one day and plan a trip...by the day you get there it could now be live and a no go.

/1/ Up to 200 HA can be pegged and marked out.

On a prospecting licence yes

/2/ 4 years tenement with 1 off 4 years renewal.

/3/ Application cost is $323
/4/ Rent PA would be $2.6 per HA

The total cost for 4 years = $2403.

You also have minimum expenditure requirements per annum which is about $8000 for a 200ha lease (I have 2) or you may forfeit the lease

Questions:

Absolutely and also any other activities in an approved POW (programme of works ie, scraping, dryblowing, sluicing)

B - TENGRAPH Online:

No, but you must follow the code of conduct and fossicking rules, refer to the DMP website.

A miners right is only held by and individual (the prospector) VCL (vacant crown land ) Is ok but there may be other covenants that apply such as private property, national parks etc. the easiest way to check is through Geoveiw, much more user friendly than tengraph but their is a new tengraph web program than is based on geoview.

Thanks for all the responses which has made things much more clearer.

Will head back to Perth soon from UK.

Off to the North Pennines in the UK on a Roman road called "Maiden way" which goes to a Roman Fort called EPIACUM.

Not allowed to dig but if the moles have been active then you can pass your wand over the mole mounds and you might get lucky.

regards

John

Latest posts