Old school Sluice but, I like it.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
www.sandycreekmining.com/home

Was doing some research for sluices and cam across this. It's the same concept from Treasure of the Sierra Madre. Looking at it...it looks simple but, seems to work. There would be serious manpower to build it and run it though. I would say that you'd need to have a permanent spot on a creek and just work it.

you could many build the same concept with 5-10 long metal sluices too I guess. Water would always be the challenge. Old school is make the water tank and carry buckets. Wow.

came accross this site some time back great idea isn't it i reckon with a bunch of blokes it would be fun to assemble have a crack for the weekend and get everyone working together

There are a bunch of other ways to make the same concept.

The expensive way would be get 10 of these and put a water tank on top.
http://goldirocks.com.au/#/shop/4578108976/LONG-BASE-TRAY/6191552

Cheap way...
You could find a bunch of stuff at Bunnings (good old Bunnings). I even thought putting 10 to 15 of thought plastic kid pool together and cut one end of each. Then get some big water container/water tank. put something heavy and big in each pool to make riffles. Line a few with miners moss.

It's just the concept that's interesting.

Latest posts