Old Pick

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A mate picked this old pick up for me at Ipswich on the weekend at some market. It's made in Sheffield England and is called a....hardypick.

1486375820_old_pick_001.jpg

1486375904_old_pick_002.jpg

1486375921_old_pick_003.jpg

Yeah get that hard stuff for sure I reckon. But really want to keep it as a historic piece, would love to make a model of an old miner and the pick in some bit of rock....i reckon that would look good.

cecc said:
Yeah get that hard stuff for sure I reckon. But really want to keep it as a historic piece, would love to make a model of ane old miner and the pick in some bit of rock....i reckon that would look good.
Sounds good Life size from your gold nuggets in a figure of yourself lol love the pick worth saving Cheers

Hardy is a very famous quality brand of fishing gear, very old company, wonder if they made tools as well?
Very cool old pick.

cecc said:
Only $35 thought was ok.
Hi CECC, Just as madder of interest these old picks were coal miners picks back when they done it the hard way, I used there same pick opal mining at lightning ridge with a few mods, black smith tapered the point to about three quarter inch wide and razer sharp. Ron.

Hi Ronald, good to hear from you mate, I thought they might have been coal miners picks, wow that's good have u still got that pick? Yeah tapered one end and chisel the other end, I reckon she'd be good steel too.

cecc said:
Hi Ronald, good to hear from you mate, I thought they might have been coal miners picks, wow that's good have u still got that pick? Yeah tapered one end and chisel the other end, I reckon she'd be good steel too.
Hi Mate, I sold out mining claims, camp, genset, truck, hoist, ladders, three of the picks, walk in walk out. If you use the pick watch the steel round the handle dont bite you,they take peace right out, Ron.

bluejeansronald said:
cecc said:
Hi Mate, I sold out mining claims, camp, genset, truck, hoist, ladders, three of the picks, walk in walk out. If you use the pick watch the steel round the handle dont bite you,they take peace right out, Ron.

Gee Ron did a lot there, yeah thanks for the heads up, don't know if i'll use it might just keep it as a collectors piece.

Latest posts