OK, so where's the gold? :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good afternoon Gentlemen and Gentleladies

I've been into detecting, panning and almost into sluicing for about 12 years - not that I ever find any of the damn stuff, I reckon you guys have found it all :)

I also shoot feral animals and enjoy rough camping in remote parts of Victoria from the High Country to Big Desert. I have a 4WD and usually travel alone, I also have a Tirfor but don't like to wear it out so take *considerable* care not to get stuck.

I feel at peace when camped deep in the bush; taking my water from the creek and my warmth from the campfire - as a friend so aptly put it recently; "It sooths the soul".

Additionally I have an Advanced Amateur Radio licence and always take my HF radio bush to chat with friends in Oz and friends I haven't yet met across the world.

I read a lot, write somewhat less, listen to spoken word audio and spend many hours simply sitting by my campfire pondering life, the universe and everything.

Currently I live south of Melbourne but that will change over the next year or so as I sell up, buy an off-road caravan and take to the road permanently to see out the remainder of my life - I'm early sixties.

Work wise: I am an electronics/firmware engineer and have a deal of experience of most things electrical from microcontrollers to high voltage distribution systems.

When I hit the road I'll get another dog, I really miss my dog - they are excellent company - suggestions as to breed most welcome.

MH

Welcome to the forum Mike, it's still out there as show and tell proves it!
Hopefully you could hook up with some like-minded members in the Members Meet Ups section of the forum and maybe get put on the right track.
Nothing wrong with rough camping mate!

Hi Mike, and welcome to PA. I joined nearly 2 years back (my first and only forum) and I love it. Have made many close friends and some I've not yet met.
We look forward to hearing more of your travels, and you'll read many adventures here.
Get a Kelpie mate. Great instinct out bush, intelligent, self cleaning, minimal hair drop, indestructible and loving/loyal to boot.
For the PA loners and the socialites (not many here though), I'd say PA covers most of the spectrum. If you ever need company out in the bush anywhere in Australia, then let us know. There's many experienced here who always enjoy a catch-up out in the bush with like minded. All the best on your travels, stay safe and please keep us posted with narrative, finds and pics :Y: It's one of the life bloods of this forum.

G'day Mike and welcome to PA as above there's plenty of members here to lend a hand and enjoy the great outdoors with. All the best with your future adventures safe travels. Nothing beats the solitude of the bush telly :Y: and a beer.

Gday MH, Welcome. Mate this is the place to connect to if you want to learn anything about Gold Gems and Coins. And the folk on here will share the shirt on their backs about all the stuff they might know just so that you will experience the pure joy of finding that first piece of gold glittering in the pan or under the coil. Hope to see you sometime out in the bush where the roos are free and the echindas just go about their daily routine. All the best.

Welcome Mike. A kelpie is perfect and so is a jack Russel. Both great on the feral pigs as a tracker/bailer. And best of all both are perfect company. Enjoy your travels.

Welcome Mike
1508582818_3.jpg

G'day Mike welcome to the forum :)

Did a little bit on HF with MSQ as part of the Maritime Safety Listening Watch, both Coast Radio Gladstone and Cairns, but never to just chat on.

Good luck on the yellow!

Latest posts