Nundle trip DEC 2,3,4th.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sluicingoose

Craig & John
Reaction score
Had a few days off, so we headed to Nundle to try out the renovated Goldi-rocks sluice.
We arrived late Thursday arvo and set up camp on sunset, then had dinner with all of the bugs from Nundle :mad:
I tell ya there was that many of the little critters it could've been fog, the flies out in force too. We hit the sack for a early
morning rise and headed down to the river to give the sluice a run. It was the first run it has had since we put a header box on and a wash plate,
the same as a Wal Banker sluice.
Thursday we sweated it out in 34 degree heat for most of the day until the backs couldn't take it any more. We had a couple of clean ups, and were
happy wit the way the sluice was going. On Saturday we hit another spot for just over 3hrs, but the 39 degree heat took it's toll on us so we pulled the pin
at 11:30 and headed to the pub for a cold one :D Sunday morning we went back down to the river for a 2hr dig before packing up camp in readiness to come home.
I forgot to get photos of Sunday's clean up but below are some of our hard work ;) :D

Cheers Craig, John..
1480892721_2016-12-05_08.35.46.jpg

The newly improved sluice..
1480893468_2016-12-05_10.10.16.jpg

The spot we dug on Friday..
1480893519_2016-12-05_10.11.08.jpg

Our first clean up on Friday
1480893711_2016-12-05_10.07.47.jpg

1480893770_2016-12-05_10.08.56.jpg

1480893788_2016-12-05_10.09.42.jpg

Last clean up on Saturday.. Sunday was much the same on clean up, we left for home at 11:30am

Awesome gold there sluicingoose.Fridays dig site looks like a ripper of a spot,like a big bedrock riffle in the river.Well done.

GaryO said:
Did you get any drammas from Anti High Banker locals at all Goose ?
Hey Gary, yeah one of the local guys that come to where we stay said be careful of the fisheries inspector :D we are on private property out of site of the road, we haven't been seen yet :D

Eldorado said:
Awesome gold there sluicingoose.Fridays dig site looks like a ripper of a spot,like a big bedrock riffle in the river.Well done.
Yeah mate there's a lot of that along where we go, that one ran just on a slight angle on the exit of a bend. Their would be a lot hidden under the boulders in that spot.
Cheers

Nice cleanup, well done lads,
There is plenty of it still out there.

Cheers
Brad.

aushunter said:
Nice cleanup, well done lads,
There is plenty of it still out there.

Cheers
Brad.
Thanks Brad, yeah mate i think there's plenty there you just need to find the right spots like anywhere else I guess.
Had fun trying though :D

Yes the right spots indeed.
I went up the Clarence River on Saturday to do a bit of fishing and crabbing, also took my pans etc you just never know.
Went up about 12klm and the motor died, found out that it was sucking air, sorted that out and headed up a small tributary on the western side of the river, headed up about 8klm and fished a bit here and there, by this time the river was now just a creek about 8m wide, so I pulled up and decided to have a swim, flaming hot as hell.
Just sitting in the water cooling off and then decided to have test pan, first pan yielded 8 sand grain sized bits of the yellow stuff.
So it is there just gotta put the hrs in to get it.
Cheers
Brad.

Latest posts