Nundle Reef Gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nugget said:
joe said:
It doesn't have the pyrite colour Nugget, at least not on my iPad , you just don't want to tell us where you found it :D 006.5 is teaching all tricks I see :)

I wish that was the case but unfortunately not. Pyrite is the explanation I could come up with due to the reflectiveness and uncanny ability to crush into a fine dust 8)
Poops :rolleyes: bugger, bugger poops. I was exited there for you, man you either need a worse camera or I need better resolution on my iPad

Bugger , but I will say I was not convinced . I have a s*&t load of the same looking material , but no gold in it

Next time mate :)

Pickup the green ones if you see them

Your only just saying that so there's no rush back to Nundle. That car parked outside your house with dark windows..., i've been tracking him on google earth...its the Smithy!

Hey Twapster how could you tell if it was me out the front of Nuggets place as I had the windows up when I was parked there recently in my 4x4 with magnetic signage saying TBOSC on both doors as well as the roof.
Cheers.

thesmithy said:
Hey Twapster how could you tell if it was me out the front of Nuggets place as I had the windows up when I was parked there recently in my 4x4 with magnetic signage saying TBOSC on both doors as well as the roof.
Cheers.

We'll I guess it's pointless me sitting out the front of your place then if your not even home, I best be finding someone else to stalk :lol:

thesmithy said:
Cheers.

Who else sits in a 4wd with no clothes on.

hi nugget,
sweet little piece of rock mate, to do it justice try taking a photo of it under artificial light with flash on using a Samsung galaxy s2 or later...would love to see it up close in pdf?

cheers scott and trina :cool:

Hey Nugget, was that you........hell mate you high tailed it out of there quick when the cops arrived just after I called them.
told them there was a guy out there with a sheet and a fan belt on his head....
The cop said does it look like a towel........! I said no you can't call them towel heads anymore
No he was definitely a little shit i mean sheet head officer.
cheers.

You should have seen it in direct sunlight Heatho, it had the bling factor going on. I kind of wish I didn't crush it now lol.

This is what gold in quartz looks like :eek:

1395300784_vlcsnap-2014-03-20-18h31m59s124.png

Note the chunk hanging out the bottom of the 1st photo

1395300896_vlcsnap-2014-03-20-18h34m41s127.png

Dont dispair , these come from the Sixteen to One mine in the USA & has the most visible gold in quartz in the world

They actually slice the quartz & sell as Gemstones - Shots taken from the Gold Fever show , Episode "Sixteen to One Mine"

I think if nugget is finding gold in quartz, reef mining, he is doing a good job of learning the land, that is a realy nice find

Hey Nugget,
it sure looks like it could be a winner.
That's my stamping ground around Nundle and Hanging Rock. :p I live about 20K. south of Tamworth.
I wish I knew you were up in my part of the world,I would have liked to catch up with you and learn how it's done.
If you're ever in this part of the world again,give me a yell.
I haven't been out fossicking for a couple of months,starting to have withdrawal symptoms. :rolleyes:
Busting me bum to try out my new sluice,but there hasn't been enough water about to try it.
No finds to talk about,as I'm still learning to drive my Garrett AT Gold,but I have heaps of fun just finding interesting stuff.
Best way I know of to waste time buggering about in the bush.
Thanks for all your hard work keeping the good ship Prospecting Australia afloat.
Cheers,
weeg aka Larry.

Latest posts