Nugget Finder 25 inch DD digs deep...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So i got my hands on a Nugget Finder Evo 25 inch DD coil... took it for a run on the beach...

Apart from been a tiny bit noisy on the beach cos of the wet sand deep down it was still easy enough to distinguish a proper signal.

I'm very keen to start trialling it on different mineralied soil and see how it goes.

My tests showed it picked up a 2 gram sinker at roughly 20cm down and it picked up a 1 ounce sinker (lead) at about 50cm down...

But it picked up a coke can 1.5 metres deep LOL YES!!! that's right... 1.5 metres of digging for a coke can...

1574820961_76747460_2850024985016755_7806264787473530880_n.jpg

1574820961_69816118_2850024948350092_1261672314219528192_n.jpg

good work A/S
coke cans are notorious for being buried deep! why the hell is that?
easy work on a beach ... but a real pain in the xxxx elsewhere. :poop:
ps, if you use a small(er) you can find coins & jewellery on the beach (dry sand) & not have to dig an oil well to find them. Coins & jewellery are rarely more than 12" deep (except on some WA beaches where 4wd's can go. They dig up the sand & push stuff down deeper)
pps, dont dig 1.5m holes in parks & lawns :lol:

DED

It is amazingly sensitive for it's large size. I picked up a squashed up musket ball in Dunolly in rock-hard ground about 200mm deep. It had been in there so long that it was the exact same color as the earth when I wet it. It's signal was so different to the usual steel, iron, aluminium, copper, and brass junk that I so often find, and it was so heavy that I thought I'd finally found some of the yellow stuff lol. It was only when I scratched it with a rock that I could see it was lead. The other amazing thing I found was a tiny little steel tack (not a traditional type oldtimers boot tack), but a tiny one like you see holding on one of those little wear plates that people sometimes put on the points or heels of a modern boot or shoe to slow down the wear. It was only about 100mm to 150mm deep, in ground that had a lot of ironstone. I got a faint signal that stood out, and the more I dug away with the pick it just got louder each time I checked to see if the signal was still there. I eventually had to use the scoop to separate it out of the soil, and it surprised me that it pulled me up.

Latest posts