NSW State Forests Permit information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mad Mike said:
Now it sits on my iphone so if I ever get asked I dont have to look in my wallet

Bloody good idea, I printed out 3 copies & could have not bothered! :mad:

Makes it easy for travellers to get one so obviously a good idea, guess Vic could take a leaf from their book and publish a similar list of fossicking areas to make it clearer ...... then again a bit of confusion or ambiguous info may be better.

Can't believe how easy that was....and $27.50 for both of us on the one Permit...

Very easy to get permit, I just got mines too but working out the maps of where ur permitted to search and where your not is hard to calculate exactly due to The displaying of map?
Is it just my comp screen or are other ppl experiencing this?

Hi Danmuss,

Very cpu intensive and slow if viewing online , when opening online dont wait until the graphics are fully displayed - immediately save to your hard drive then open from there. Also map cordinates are in eastings and northings (UTM) you need to convert to lat/long then pick a few points to work out where it is on on google earth etc - thats the way I do it.

Cheers
Barry

bazza2210 said:
Hi Danmuss,

Very cpu intensive and slow if viewing online , when opening online dont wait until the graphics are fully displayed - immediately save to your hard drive then open from there. Also map cordinates are in eastings and northings (UTM) you need to convert to lat/long then pick a few points to work out where it is on on google earth etc - thats the way I do it.

Cheers
Barry

Ah ok thanks for that mate, I will give it a go..

bazza2210 said:
Hi Danmuss,

Cheers
Barry

probably more of a localised issue mate, no issue here maybe update your browser

The maps are great.
Can't believe I'm saying this...Thank you NSW gov.

Does anyone know if any other states have a map page like that?

Yeh well today me and the partner drove an hour to a state Forest and begung our searching, after 3hrs we found a 2c 50c 20c and a few ring pulls, got eaten alive
By mozzies and my partner got attacked by huge ants, she accidentally stood on there nest and pissed them off!!! They chased her for About 15steps back and 2 managed to bite her haha

GOLD Billyen said:
The maps are great.

Queensland:

http://www.dnrm.qld.gov.au/mining/fossicking/area-guides

If you click on any of the areas highlighted (green font) it takes you to the specific areas page & has many pages you can go through with plenty of info on each area & very easy to read maps.

Nice layout, enjoyable to trawl through.

Cheers, Laurence

I just got this message from Bitdefender ! :eek:
There is a problem with this websites security certificate.

Though fossicking was FREE in NSW ~ is this a scam ?

Outback said:
I just got this message from Bitdefender ! :eek:
There is a problem with this websites security certificate.

Though fossicking was FREE in NSW ~ is this a scam ?

Mate thats just because the link is in https dont stress

LD. said:
GOLD Billyen said:
The maps are great.

Queensland:

http://www.dnrm.qld.gov.au/mining/fossicking/area-guides

If you click on any of the areas highlighted (green font) it takes you to the specific areas page & has many pages you can go through with plenty of info on each area & very easy to read maps.

Nice layout, enjoyable to trawl through.

Cheers, Laurence

Thanks for that. I saw these before...more like drawings than maps. The NSW maps are full on.
For the amount of land QLD has...they don't have many areas.

I couldn't find anything for VIC or the other states.

Latest posts