Not Your Normal Gold Find....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madtuna

Only owns one toaster
Reaction score
Found this a bunch of years ago at either Hillend or Ophir, not sure if I posted it way back, but was just cleaning out my old photobucket account and came across it.

Notice the interlocking join in the last tooth on the right? When sitting correctly you cannot see the join. The craftsmanship back then was amazing.

YYEKUeV.jpg

Upside down you can still see half a tooth.

WaZHGYU.jpg

Amazing to look at when you consider thats at least a Days work for a dentist but they didnt have painkillers back then so the poor old dentists had to listen to a whole day of screaming , let alone the effort the screamer put in.

Then you wonder how some dudes gold teeth ended up in the bush ?

geof_junk said:

"I heard from a good sauce" that back in the goldrush days when prospectors were returning overseas there were many hundreds who died when their little dingy would capsize in the waves while rowing out to meet their ship.

If they had gold sewn into the lining of their clothes they would sink pretty quickly.

You have to wonder if the owner of that set of gold teeth met the same fate.

CreviceSucker said:
geof_junk said:

"I heard from a good sauce" that back in the goldrush days when prospectors were returning overseas there were many hundreds who died when their little dingy would capsize in the waves while rowing out to meet their ship.

If they had gold sewn into the lining of their clothes they would sink pretty quickly.

Yes I think your on the money there. I cant recall where I read it but too in the early Aus goldrush times many many "very heavy" coffins were sent back by sea to China. Very abnormally, suspiciously heavy coffins, sent back to China :lol: :pickshovel:

JD3 said:
CreviceSucker said:
geof_junk said:

Yes I think your on the money there. I cant recall where I read it but too in the early Aus goldrush times many many "very heavy" coffins were sent back by sea to China. Very abnormally, suspiciously heavy coffins, sent back to China :lol: :pickshovel:

I think that was because of all the rice they had eaten. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62 said:
JD3 said:
CreviceSucker said:
geof_junk said:

I think that was because of all the rice they had eaten. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Doug
You may be right. Rice grown in iron stone ground of the goldfields!
Doh! Now why didnt I think of that!

Latest posts