Not the Kingswood! I just Mr Sheend the hub caps

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dangy Gold

Dan Kennaway
Reaction score
Well it came a time I had to make a decision. A choice between my beloved HG or the 7000 that Id envied since I inherited a Garrett groundhog ADS. I started with wanting the best of both worlds and saved up for a 705, but after a few months of persistence, I realised if your equipment doesnt perform in the field, it aint worth having! So I sold it on to a coin shooter.
Then I hired a 5000 and took a trip to Maryborough. Unfortunately I found nothing but fuggets and heaps of them.
After a trip to the test patch with coiltek and seeing that Z in action, the fever took hold worse than ever and I just had to have one.
My decision was made for me that day, the car Id loved for many years and longed to restore found itself on gumtree less than a week after coming back to SA. Coincidently it spent 23hrs advertised and 4 days later, I found a Z on gumtree too which I snapped up in a flash. No regrets here, although still learning the machine and only 6 bits so far in 8 months but thats part and parcel for the beginner. My goal is to one day get me another HG, but a better one with the spoils of the field.
Then ill Truly have the best of both worlds! Keep ya posted diggers. Best of Khama to you

Welcome Dangy Gold, I had a HG 20 odd years ago and hubby chopped and lowered the roof and painted it and it looked pretty good actually, lol. If I could work out how to post photos on here I'd show you. Anyhoo welcome to the forum, lots to learn and good people to meet. Have fun with your new hobby. :Y:

Welcome to the forum. Have a ball on here plenty to read and post. Enjoy

Welcome Dangy. That is a big call getting rid of the HG ( my all time favourite car ) but I think youll get plenty of enjoyment from the Z. All the best rick

1518005838_d05e6846-71c1-4e25-bc7f-d8ea4e7da661.jpg

Thanks pete165 and kemjak57
This is her before she drove away

Welcome to PA DG all the best when you do get out there. Nice looking rig :Y: you sold my wife wants an EK one day maybe.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. Im gonna hit Jupiter this weekend and hopefully decrease that nugget to fugget ratio. Think Im sitting around 100/1 at the moment!
Come on yellow :cool:
That Monaro be worth a few bob now numpty?

Its the triangular shape at the top. Its like 2 pyramids stuck together at the base which gives it the 8 sided shape

Latest posts