Not happy

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgmhot

Rodger
Reaction score
I went out today to a water hole the other side of Mylor SA. Water hole was to deep to play in it, dug around the camp fire and found $2.75. BUT on the way back stopping at Mylor at the boot makers hut, swinging in the park for 30 min and found some holes with metal in it. Some kid came up and told me that guys have already been here and gave him some 1c coins. Bugger missed out by a couple of days.

What I'm not happy about is that, on the way back stopping in Bridgewater a small park someone has left a heap of holes. No dog this time, some holes still had junk signals in them. :eek: this sort of thing will one day create new laws preventing us detecting all places completely. :(

Fill your holes if this is you!

Its already having an effect on Prospectors around Australia, these assholes who don't fill there holes back in are really pissing of councils and its not fair on us real prospectors who love and respect the hobbie..

If you find out who it is name and shame them to your local council!

That really gets on my goat when people leave junk targets in dug holes, for petes sake, pull it out and throw it in the bin! I regularly detect around these areas, but my digger got retired ages ago. Screwdriver is my weapon of choice, keyhole surgery if you like, no mess and no signs of being there afterwards. Don't worry, I haven't done Mylor for a while now, someone must be prowling the area. :)

It looked like a normal size shovel, not a spade size. strange thing about it, the holes I found under the bark, they filled back in with bark. Lest the kids will not fall in them.

I went for a swing on the weekend at a northern burbs park and found pretty average holes...1 i pulled a 20c and 10c out of, so makes me think not very good at detecting. Today I seen a bloke there about 11:30 doing the playground (while kids on there) **Which for me is a big no no** but unfortunately I was in the work van and couldnt stop to find out. I feel your pain.

That's why I go at night, no people, no distractions, and hopefully some new finds to pick up. Some people can't be bothered picking up 5c & 10c pieces, but they all add up. Too many people watch you tube clips of people digging plugs, unfortunately there are some pretty bad examples out there. One clip I watched the other day, the guy dug a full plug with a shovel, and then proceded to destroy the plug searching for the coin, despite having a pinpointer. As a result he had nothing left to refill the hole with, and deservedly so received some pretty critical comments. :rolleyes:

I dont dig plugs at all. I do the cut liftback and then dig "under" method, so far so good i have been back to places multiple times and cant find my previous spots so its def working.

Latest posts