not bad, not bad at all

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garnethawkins

kinda obvious wouldn't ya say?
Reaction score
Just had a random fella ring me up (gotten my number from an old business card for my music lol) asking if i had any pre decimal coins id be willing to part with, apparently i had met a mate of his a while back whilst i was wearing my prospecting shirt.
Anyways, long story short he goes home with half a jar of pennies/half pennies and i walk away 20 bucks richer!
Not bad considering up to this point the kids where using them as play money :lol:

Dunno either a collector or knows a dealer would be my bet I've seen some people selling face value pennies for a couple of dollars a pop down this way

I have also gotten rid of a fair few antique glass bottles and old oil drums to people who are after them, all thanks to the shirt ;)

It's a great way to promote the group and become more and more well known.

Nugget, any possibility of PA Beanies for the next Winter period?

Will be my 1st Winter out there in this hobby, just want it to be comfy lol.

Thanks Nugget :D

I had a lady approach me recently asking to borrow/have some of my old pennies. She wanted to use them to dye tarnished circles from the coins onto silk!

Are there PA backpacks or MD PA tagged duffle bags?

I have a QGC duffle bag that's a great bag and fits my MD, little scoop shovel, a fold up shovel, pick, sieve water bottle and other nick naxs. Maybe a few PA bag?

All good kleinman i knew what you meant and actually agree with you, i would love a pa duffel, especially one of the old schoolmilitary type ones, and as for the coins, up till yesty, where just junk to me, wrong colour lol

Silver_Fox said:
I had a lady approach me recently asking to borrow/have some of my old pennies. She wanted to use them to dye tarnished circles from the coins onto silk!

That's pretty cool, different

You did well mate. Hope you checked out some for the dates for rare ones first. 1930 penny is lookin good.

Latest posts