Non minelab detectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
madtuna,I hope you are right but at the moment no one is talking about the new Impact except Phase Tech and me, and you already know our thoughts on it. The Impact should only be compared to other detectors in the $1000-$1500 price range. Personally I think Nokta is selling enough Impacts into Europe to bother manufacturing a PI unit which would need a lot of outlay for them to develop successfully. If enough people want them and there is a big demand in Europe for detecting wet sand beaches,then I think they will make a move.

grubstake.Nokta are certainly a very ambitious and aggressive company judging by their rhetoric in that announcement. PI detectors by 2017 ??? and they only have 3 months left to do it. Dont know how they can keep up putting out so many models? There is a danger they will over extend themselves and go bust, but if they have the sales in Europe, USA and Russia,it will be easy for them to allocate more money for research and development of future products and to be able to manufacture and market these products.

If you compare the new Nokta Impact with the Makro Gold Racer or Racer 2,there is little difference in the overall looks-the housings and screens look very similar,and one menu only to deal with.But Impact is cordless,has more features so you can use it anywhere and is heavier as a consequence.But due to its excellent balance it does not seem heavy.The only difference is in the price.It is $300 more than the Racer 2.The older FORS and FORS Gold detectors did not appeal to me due to the side mounted menu and old fashioned square box housings.Steve Herchenbach has posted a long article on the Finders forum stating it is one of the very few detectors that will accept a 40 cm coil without making it front heavy. Due to the Impacts good stability in very high mineralised soils the larger coil would still make it viable to look for nuggets in our soils,I dont think you would need to lower the frequency from 20 to 14 Khz and also reduce the gain but the option is there if you need it to make the larger coil more stable. I think Nokta should have made the Impact waterproof;that is the only criticism I have after 40 hours of testing it.I do like a VLF that goes deep,and the Impact has such a mode.It will go twice as deep as the all metal mode and give such strong signals that you will get far more target VDI,s as a consequence. The DEEP mode is not as affected by high mineralisation as the manual infers.It seems to plough on regardless and will trounce all metal every time for deep targets.I would recommend using all metal only to find much smaller targets and is much better at pinpointing them.

So it was 2 Brothers operating 2 diff companies out of Turkey. Ok Thanks. Makes sense now.
I knew it was same diff.

Appreciate the clearing up. Not bad machines, I still have my gold racer and it still works fine. Doesn't get used much anymore though. lol

Hey, they did make the first waterproof pin pointer in the world too, which I have and it is not too shabby.

It is a good day when you learn something new.

Cool

Ridgerunner tell me one Minelab detector which costs $1300 and is better than the Impact.A $1300 machine will never better than a $5000 machine. Cheaper VLF,s are still popular as some people have a limited budget.If we had $5000 we would be on a plane overseas in a heartbeat instead of buying a GPX so everyone has different priorities.

Latest posts