Nokta Fors Gold information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who has one and what have you found with it ?
I have recently purchased one but havent had much time to use it .
So , please post up your finds etc .
Jeff

Given the amount that has been sold since iv been in the shop at Mudgee, id say we should be seeing quiet a few posts.? While not all are forum members, im sure some are.

I have a mate in WA with a CoRe, im just waiting on his feedback as to how its performing while complimenting his 4500.

Generally mild ground in the US.

Are there any videos showing it working in Aussies soils?

Iv been meaning to put a few Fors and Makro youtubes up of them working round some of the nasty soil i work in Hill End....just getting the time to do it i guess.
Its on my ta-do list.

The BST mode on the Fors or 2Tone on the RACER ATM is by far the best modes to use in our soils from what iv been witness to. Apart from these units being far more sensitive then most other units, they are handling the tough ground.
Both models have found us gold.

Cool. Can you still reject iron or junk in a threshold based mode like the X-terra 70/705? I like trying out new toys, just trying to find a niche compared to what I already have

No thresh in any of the disc modes .... no disc in the AM mode. No notch as this stage. Yet there is nothing that compares with its blending of the audio, and nothing iv seen or used so far that has such high gain. The mid freq of the Nokta/Makro models seems to just cover it all, from low conductors to high, ground height to depth.
I never suspected either model to compete with, or cause one to ignore the higher end units he has in his arsenal, or at he's fingertips....but it has. And was contemplating a 30/30 just recently.....but decided against as it will sit alongside my V3i sharing dust capturing techniques. Iv also been looking for a reason to add the Fisher F75LTD ...but cant find one.?

Not perfect by a long shot, but as Nokta/Makro are/were in learning mode with these units....i can honestly say, whats coming in the near future will certainly please, and reflects their paying attention to the end user on the forums. And i have no doubt i'll be seeing a few operators from around the ozy forums adding another brand to their kits pretty soon.

Since adding the RC26 10x5 DD to the RACER, its much better suited to finding small gold, and just adds to its ability to separate in high trash. At this stage there is no 10x5 DD for the Nokta models......however the seed has been planted and we await Nokta's thoughts.?

Have anyone with access to both detectors tried to use a Makro RC26 10x5" DD coil on a Nokta Fors Gold ?.......... if no, why not.

Iv asked Nokta about this, and the answer was its not compatible.

If your inclined to do it...best not broadcast it on public forums where Nokta can read it and watch it on youtube. You may have just voided your warranty by doing so.?

Nokta have been informed of the Fors models benefiting from the 10x5 elip....balls in their court.

Thanks for the info Narrawa. What would tempt me to get another VLF gold beeper for the arsenal would be a normal threshold based gold mode, with option to reject iron with a choice of audio ID or grunt, or blanking. The Eureka Gold does the blanking park which is nice, and other brands/models offer an audio/grunt option which should theoretically recover a little faster in thick trash. Having the option of both would be great.

If the Makro coil do not work on the Noktas why would anyone make video of a failure for YouTube ? not logical; better stick to the small 13x12cm DD it'll do the tiny bits.

Nesral, i didn't say it cant be done, or its not logical to try it. One detector works off 14khz, the other model uses 15khz. Not a lot of shift when you think about other models that use multiple frequencies in the one coil. Im just inclined to go with what the manufacturer tells me, they have informed me as im also a very inquisitive kind a fella. ;)

The models are so close performance wise, it really only leaves the ergonomics for one to ponder over.

Nenad, im hearing ya.....im partial to a smooth background hum like many models have when using a disc program, but its function in disc mode questions its relevance when you consider how the disc side of most makes and models work. ?
The grunt/iron tone feature on the Nokta/Makro models when used in their BST or DI2 modes (2tone audio), combined with low gain and low ID mask, do pretty good in our soils for a reasonably costing mid freq all rounder. However im still not a fan of either models AM functionality in our soils.....yet!!

Your want for threshold based disc with grunt/blanking/recovery options is not only your want let me tell ya. ;)

The Racer and FORS models sense whether the correct coil is being used and display an error message if not. In other words, you can only use the coils made specifically for the machine.

Nokta is considering a 5 x 10 coil for the FORS models.

Cheers for that Steve,
I my self, have never really tried it, to busy playing with them to worry about it. My other half uses the FG and prefers the set and forget technique, where as i like to use the RACER cause it allows me to fiddle on the move.

I did some time back drop the hint to Nokta/Makro about the Fors models needing the 10x5".

So we don't stray to far from the first question on 02June 2015.
I have found many interesting things with my Fors Gold but haven't seen an easy way to post pictures on this forum.

Steve Herschbach said:
The Racer and FORS models sense whether the correct coil is being used and display an error message if not. In other words, you can only use the coils made specifically for the machine.

Nokta is considering a 5 x 10 coil for the FORS models.

Interesting, but:
Looks like no one have actually tried to use a coil from one detector on the other.

I'll give it a try to find out for sure but first to find and obtain a spare Racer coil.

Nesral, i had some time up my sleeve this afternoon, and curiosity got the better of me....so i tested my FG with the RC26 RACER 10x5"coil...zip, nada, nothing...just the error message.
I also tested the RACER with the FG coils......same thing...zip...just the error message.

Latest posts