Nexus 30" and 21" Concentric Coils For Minelab GPX

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hermann said:
Hi Washgravel, With the coil switch in hot ground position and the detector in mono mode I could detect the surrounding area with no problems. Due to my leg problem at the moment I could not gather any more expierience with this high tech coil. I do have some information about settings that could make this coil even more interesting. Hopefully I will be out there learning more about this coil very soon.

I wonder why then in the Detech CC videos they use DD setting(except to discriminate)on the detector instead of Mono?

Rush said:
hermann said:
Hi Washgravel, With the coil switch in hot ground position and the detector in mono mode I could detect the surrounding area with no problems. Due to my leg problem at the moment I could not gather any more expierience with this high tech coil. I do have some information about settings that could make this coil even more interesting. Hopefully I will be out there learning more about this coil very soon.

I wonder why then in the Detech CC videos they use DD setting(except to discriminate)on the detector instead of Mono?

Because in DD the concentric coils are more sensitive to the small gold, more silent on the ground and more stable on EMI. It impresses people how rather big coil fetches tiny bits of gold and in the mean time could hook up a bigger one too.
But all of that is at cost of depth.

I prefer to demonstrate everything to my customers, no matter good or bad, not only the best piece of the cake.

Hi Georgi, Due to my torn muscle in my back leg I only used my 21" CC coil for about 2 hours
front
deep
special
DD
fix

back
audio - quiet
gain - 12
stab. - 19
sens. extra
discrim. - 8
motion - v.slow
tracking - medium

With these settings my 5000 runs nice and quiet over high mineralised ground, I even found shotgun pellets and ferrous trash. My machine did not blank out when the coil switch was on M.D. When I flicked the switch over to Hot Ground the discriminator worked very well. Is this normal? I still have a bit to learn to master the coil, but I'm sure that the gold will come soon. :) Cheers, Hermann.

hermann said:
Hi Georgi, Due to my torn muscle in my back leg I only used my 21" CC coil for about 2 hours
front
deep
special
DD
fix

back
audio - quiet
gain - 12
stab. - 19
sens. extra
discrim. - 8
motion - v.slow
tracking - medium

With these settings my 5000 runs nice and quiet over high mineralised ground, I even found shotgun pellets and ferrous trash. My machine did not blank out when the coil switch was on M.D. When I flicked the switch over to Hot Ground the discriminator worked very well. Is this normal? I still have a bit to learn to master the coil, but I'm sure that the gold will come soon. :) Cheers, Hermann.
Hi Hermann.
Thanks for sharing.
When the coil is in Max. Depth it works like Mono - no discrimination. When the coil is turned onto Hot Ground Mode it works like CC and DD coils, so yes it is very normal for the discrimination to work in Hot Ground Mode. if it didn't I'd be worried. :D

Last weekend I was playing with the 21" cc coil again on a highly mineralised property near Talbot.
Front
Fixed
Mono
general
Normal

back
audio - quiet
gain - 14
stab - 12
motion - very slow
signal - 18
tracking - medium

Coil switch - MD

In these settings my detector was barking at me, on a test piece that we buried 50cm deep, The GPZ 7000 with several different coils was struggling or heard nothing. Same thing with the 5000 and a 15" mono coil. THe 7000 was in high yield-difficult, the 5000 with the 15" coil was in fine gold. TO my surprise I could work the whole paddock with my new hot settings, I was very pleased with it. It would be good if somebody else with a 21" cc coil could "chime in" and tell us his expierence.

Interesting hermann, who was operating the 7k & 5k and what were the fine tuning settings for each machine. You've given a really good detailed report on the machine settings (4500 :() with the 21" coil but a very vague report for the 5k & 7k and their fine tune settings.

So have you picked up any gold with the 21".

Hi R.M. Outback, The 2 guys with the 7 & the 5 are expierenced operators with their machines and they do find gold with which ever settings they use. I don't know what settings they were using except high yield and the 5000 in fine gold. I am using a 5000 with an SP01, so did the other 2 guys. No gold for me yet.

Most of us would like to see a one gram nugget and a two gram nugget buried in medium soil and then tell us how deep it hits both nuggets. Any other tests are of no interest to me.

mxt sniper said:
Most of us would like to see a one gram nugget and a two gram nugget buried in medium soil and then tell us how deep it hits both nuggets. Any other tests are of no interest to me.

Don't worry about medium soil, let's see a video of how it goes in some typical hot WA or Vic soils over some buried nuggets !

Having a coil sitting on the ground not moving ( balanced ), and waving a target over it proves absolutely nothing. Even VLF's produce outstanding results using that method.

Rick

Araratgold said:
Having a coil sitting on the ground not moving ( balanced ), and waving a target over it proves absolutely nothing. Even VLF's produce outstanding results using that method.

Rick

Hermann mentioned a test piece been buried at 50 cm with loud signal responses. So I'm not sure what your comment is about.
Since you are experienced Zed user (I'v seen many of your videos) perhaps you could arrange some testing time with Hermann and show him how things are done.

Candigger said:
Araratgold said:

Rick

Hermann mentioned a test piece been buried at 50 cm with loud signal responses. So I'm not sure what your comment is about.
Since you are experienced Zed user (I'v seen many of your videos) perhaps you could arrange some testing time with Hermann and show him how things are done.

Bit rich saying he can show hermann how it's done how about you show us all :( hermann put up a positive post advising machine settings and stated "at 50cm" he was hearing it better than a 7k and 5k at the same site.

The major failing in Hermann's post is the fine tuning of the 7k and 5k aren't included :/ So I'm sure you read my response and subsequently Hermann's. Which is a clear indication to me that there is still no concise independent testing to warrant looking at it any further imo. Hopefully one day we will have a concise independent and informative appraisal, truth is we still don't have it :8

Not sure how long hermann has had this thing, from memory it'd be a few months and hermann himself says he hasn't mastered it or found gold. I'll give hermann the benefit of the doubt here because I know hermann isn't stupid enough to challenge Araratgold to your contentious offer. Hermann also stated he was running in really hot ground, well where he was generally is and another fact is we all know once hot ground is disturbed its generally quieter. So to bury a target in what was hot ground (I'll let hermann tell the truth here because I want there) at 500mm and say it was quite,to me is how I'd expect the response to be after digging and backfilling more often than not.

Edit again :(

Truth of the matter is I think hermann is quite brave to outlay the purchase of the unit and I value Hermann's experience :Y: I'll also add Hermann's experience in this location is far greater than mine and yours :)

Hi Hermann,

You said in your earlier post that a test piece was buried at 50cm, what was the test piece ? I am interested because the size of the test piece will have an impact on settings used on the 5K and 7k.

You have to disturb a lot of ground to " bury " something at 50 cm, and like RM Outback said, this will badly disturb the mineralisation.

Rick

Araratgold said:
Hi Hermann,

You said in your earlier post that a test piece was buried at 50cm, what was the test piece ? I am interested because the size of the test piece will have an impact on settings used on the 5K and 7k.

You have to disturb a lot of ground to " bury " something at 50 cm, and like RM Outback said, this will badly disturb the mineralisation.

Rick

Highlighted bits - absolutely!! If a 10 plus gram bit then General/Difficult would probably have 'seen' the piece better and would have possibly allowed a higher Sensitivity setting. Volume, Volume limit, using a booster? Running it ratty? Running it steady? All relevant questions.

Would be great to see Rick and Hermann run the 7000 Vs the GPX/Nexus coil combo. I'm sure they are both good users of their respective machines. But, undug, unknown targets is the key and then dig 'em up to reveal. You must have some ground Rick that might yield a few deeper pieces? ;)

RM Outback said:
Bit rich saying he can show hermann how it's done how about you show us all sad hermann put up a positive post advising machine settings and stated "at 50cm" he was hearing it better than a 7k and 5k at the same site.:(

I did to you and the rest of the world. Watch my videos. Highly mineralised soil is not found only in Australia.
You are welcome to come to Bulgaria and I will show you everything you need to know.

The 7k and 5k were both with much smaller coils. It is only normal that the 4500 with 21" coil that runs in Mono will prevail, unless you believe in detector claims especially concerning the 7k that contradicts the laws of thermo-dynamics.
You can not have the Zed with 14" coil to race against any proper mono that is 21". The claims for super depths there are simply stupid and there are plenty of videos on You Tube that demonstrate this.

So first get to understand how these detectors actually work then go on a rampage if you still see any point.

Also Hermann is not my agent. He is just a customer who decided to put his trust in my products. Talking over and over about concise independent appraisal suggests that the information provided here is not genuine, which as big bs as it can possibly get.
You will have to be very specific of who in Australia is "independent" in actual fact to put the so desired by you appraisal.

All this appears to be an attempt to simply chase away anyone who would share a positive information regarding Nexus coils. You could save your self the trouble and just tell them to go away.

Many have complained (including you) that no one is saying anything about the Nexus coils, but when they do folks like you jump to attack them. What is the point of all this?

Hi Rick, For my little test I drilled a hole with my 75mm diameter power planter in a circa 45deg. angle. I taped my test piece to a stick so that it would be parallel to the top surface then stuffed the hole with dirt again. The test piece had undisturbed earth on top. Years ago I got a piece of alum. 100x50x10mm from Doug I was told that this alu. was the closest to gold that you can get. I was cutting a piece off to a of shape of a 50cent piece, 30mm diameter.

Gidday Hermann,

Thanks for the reply. The way you have done the test is fine and will give the best undisturbed profile.

I would, however, question the use of HY on the ZED, or fine gold on the 5K, for what is essentially a larger target at depth.

HY is more suitable for smaller bits at shallower depths, and as such, general or extra deep would be the preferred option on the ZED.

In your earlier post you said the ZED was used with several different coils, were these the Russian X coils as well as the GPZ14 / GPZ19 ?

By the way, Candigger, I am not in any way " bagging " the Nexus CC coils. I am very interested in them and the Detech versions, however, so far there has been very little real world testing by independent people shown in video or verbal form for any of these coils !

Regards, Rick

Thanks Hermann,

What was the biggest X coil he used. If only a 17, the 21 Nexus will more often than not punch deeper simply because of transmit and receive winding sizes.

As I said, I am very interested in these CC coils by both makers, especially if they can give an edge on deeper bigger targets !

Rick

Hi All, On Saturday I went again to the property where my test piece is buried. I was using the same settings like on post 24 except the coil cable switch was set to Hot ground, and on these settings my test piece was not "barking" at me any more, but still getting a quite good signal. You would not believe it, I found my first piece of gold with the Nexus coil, a 4.15gm . :goldnugget: I was very pleased with that, 'cos my friend with a 7000 managed only to find .5 of a gramm. He also could hear the test piece with the original 14" coil, but only in Normal settings, but not quite as loud as the Nexus coil.

Latest posts