Newest tool in the Prospecting Arsenal

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

y4k

Reaction score
1444548356_20151011_161949.jpg

Took it for its maiden voyage today, cant wait to use it to sneak up on that elusive colour, few mods to carry the sluice and equipment and good as 'gold'. Made sure i covered all bases, comes complete with solar, compass, navigation lights and fish finder incase theres more fish than gold.

aussiefarmer said:
Nice yacht mate :D if it was me I would get a cheap kayak to tow behind it for all your prospecting goodies . :)

I bought an inflatable boat about 2m long to tow behind the kayak for my prospecting junk. $27 + shipping

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/intex-explorer-200-inflatable-boat-set.html

The last time I paddled the kayak up the river to do some digging I had chest waders on with a back pack over the shoulders with my gear in it.

If I had tipped it over I would have gone straight to the bottom, much safer to put the junk in the inflatable.

If you get a leak you can use the patch kit for your waders, same stuff.

300_149.jpg

When I wear my waders in deep water, I wear an inflatable life jacket.
Got caught once, Never again.

I bought waders that have the plastic quick release buckles for that reason, few times have been knocked over in the surf while beach fishing and quickly learnt that waders can be dangerous and also bought an inflatable lifejacket for the kayak.

Yeah, My prang happened while Prawning in mud. Mine have them as well
but suction makes them cling to you and when you go to stand up the weight
knocks you over again. :eek: :8

y4k said:
I bought waders that have the plastic quick release buckles for that reason, few times have been knocked over in the surf while beach fishing and quickly learnt that waders can be dangerous and also bought an inflatable lifejacket for the kayak.

Think ill employ the same tactics, as a general rule i dont wear the waders on the kayak just incase but hadnt actually considered using the jacket aswell when prospecting...good advice :)

Nice yak y4k, is that a little solar panel setup for the trolling motor on the back?
Had any luck paddling upstream in search of bedrock yet?
Have had a similar idea myself and picking up my first sit on this weekend much to the wifes chargrin. :lol:

Latest posts