Newcastle Beach

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is this one of you out with the kids this morning 03/09 waiving the wand over the sand?
1567477761_newcastle_beach.jpg

Sorry about the photo quality I was a long way away with only a phone. He was definitely detecting. However, the kids were digging more holes than him. I should start carrying a camera again, used to be an amateur photographer, although that seems another lifetime ago.

No please don't be running around taking pictures of people detecting. I personally hate it when I'm out digging and people are taking sneaky snaps of me in action. I usually give them the stink eye just to let them know the first one is free, second one is gunna cost them :playful:

If by chance I was purposefully out where the detectorists are I wouldn't be there for the photographs. (Even though i don't have a detector)

Nugget said:
No please don't be running around taking pictures of people detecting. I personally hate it when I'm out digging and people are taking sneaky snaps of me in action. I usually give them the stink eye just to let them know the first one is free, second one is gunna cost them :playful:
Why? Public space and both undertaking a lawful activity.

Gimp said:
Nugget said:
Why? Public space and both undertaking a lawful activity.

Morals, I guess. I personally wouldn't go around taking photos of unsuspecting strangers and posting it online. But that's just me.

This post has shifted a bit from "was it you'? . I thought it might have been a "PA er" out having fun with the kids. It was a lovely day.

The ethics of photography is a very subjective and both Nugget and Gimp are quite correct. There is just no simple answer or decision making process as to what is okay notwithstanding what may be legal.

Can we leave it there please.

Latest posts