Newbie from Mornington Peninsula Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all, newbie here. Just getting into metal detecting as Ive always wanted to do it.
Bought myself a cheap MD. Minelab X-terra 305 and a Minelab PRO-FIND 25 Pinpointer.
Have so far found $6.32 in coins and a 1950 sixpence....would love to learn more and discover some good spots down this way.
Will be doing a beach search very soon.
Hope to meet some fellow members in my area.

happy hunting

Kads

Welcome Kads, good little detector you got, should help you find some treasure and plenty of those ring pulls ;) .

G'day Kads, my brother lives in Mt Eliza not far from you in a hilltop street called Davis Dve.
Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy yourself.
Jaros

thanks guys....I have been searching some new places, hit the beach yesterday for 45 cents..lol....no jewellery yet...still researching to find some good spots to try...plenty of sports ovals around my area so might have a look there......Jaros, where does your brother search..??..does he go to local beaches or are there some better areas around ??

To be honest i don't know if he searches at all. He's a Communications Engineer with his own business in Mornington. It probably wouldn't hurt him to have a hobby seeing as his wife died a cuppla years ago.-needs another interest apart from work.
Jaros

G'day kads
I'm on the peninsula also, I don't have a detector I just pan for gold.i know main creek has gold in it and the northern face of Arthur's seat has gold too. If your after relics I know of a great spot in Hastings ( it was the site of the 1st tip on the peninsula we found it while digging a trench for an electrical supply, we found old coins etc and an old timer that came over to see what we were doing informed us what the areas past was ) if you pm me I'd be happy to tell you where it is.
Cheers
Luke

G,day Hiluxlou .....Im more into the relics side of things, once I find how to PM you, I will...lol
thanks mate :) ... I cant see a message button on your profile Luke.

Goldpick said:
Welcome Kads, you need to clock up 10 posts before being able to PM, that shouldn't take too long. :)
oh ok.....Luke

thanks mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy kads, I'm new too. As for having a 'cheap' detector, all three of my gold nuggets could have easily been found with ANY detector, as they were all shallow or on the surface - it just took SOMEONE to wave a magic stick over them! Finding all those coins tells me you have a lot of persistence, and that's what it takes.... keep beeping!

Welcome SnJ. Another long distance member. Fantastic stuff. Hope you have a great time discussing the topic as well contributing to the discussions yourself.
Cheers :p :p

Hi all you prospectors,

This is absolutely off topic but I am hoping to speak to someone regarding a hunt.
I lost a very very special necklace on the St Andrews Beach back beach. I have a very good idea about where it is including photos to better locate it but we've been looking for it for hours tonight with no luck. I'd be eternally grateful for anyone who might be able to help.

Please get in touch if you can - magentaburgin at gmail dot com

Thank you in advance.

-Magenta

G'day I reckon you've come to the right place I can't help but I'm someone will answer your call, good luck.

Hey Jaros,

I see you're a regular on these pages and offer lots of great advice. I've just bought myself a GM1000 and am looking at places to prospect for coins/relics, until I am able to purchase my gold accessories. I came across this post where someone commented on the old tip at Hastings. Do you happen to know where this is?

Cheers Jaros.

Latest posts