Newbie from Central West NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claws

Sean
Reaction score
Hi all,

Sean from Parkes NSW. Been panning gold on and off for most of my life while moving around this country of ours. Panned Ravenswood, Charters Towers and the Palmer river back in the 70's as a kid with my parents, panned the old workings around Tenterfield and have panned the old workings up in the Dargo high plains. Did a bit of panning around the Ballarat area a few years ago while living in Melbourne but was more interested in trying detecting. Did a one day course using a GPX5000 in Maryborough and actually fluked a .87 grammer.

Anyway, found the GPX a little intimidating with all the adjustments and tuning needed and the price of the new GPZ is right up there so didn't want to jump in the deep end outlaying megabucks on the latest model only to spend possibly months learning how to use it.... So I just bought myself a SDC2300 to have a play around with and get used to detecting before passing it off to the wife. It should arrive during the week and I am hoping to maybe spend the weekend camping at Ophir and having a play..

Cheers for now,
Sean

Hi sean. Welcome to the forum. I live in canberra but was born and raised in Parkes till i was 18.
your reason for the sdc pretty much sums up why i chose to get it. It has its downsides but im sure you already know what your in for.
I come into town every now and then do i will probably run into you eventually.
Greg

Hi Jaros,

Yep loved Dargo. We were members of the newly formed Wagga Wagga 4wd club back in 1978-79 and used to visit Dargo and the surrounding area several times a year. A lot of mine shafts up there, we had a great camping area right next to a running stream and a mine tunnelled into the hill on the other side... Spent many hours in the tunnel digging out dirt to pan in the creek... Never got any gold from it though...

Latest posts