Newbie 72. Year old

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I got bought a Jaycar qp2307 for Christmas, I am not impressed so far, 20 years a go I had a Viking detector in the uk that I paid 90 for this was far better. Anyway I have also got a White coin master 5000d series 3 but the nicads are stuffed the manual say 12 volt but it has 4 x d nicads this would only give 6 volts? What is correct?
I am on the Central Coast near Budgewoi and I am 72 years old just looking for something to kill the days

Put your nicd batteries in a ziplock bag, make sure its airtight. Chuck it in the freezer for 24 hours, then thaw it out. Repeat the process again. Then try trickle charge them to start off
This worked for me on old dead nicd batteries. They were never 100% again more like 60-70% but it was a workaround until I got the battery re celled with new batteries.

hi thanks Megsy and diggit I am pretty sure that this was a 6 volt pack the nicads are done and take no charge, I can find no specific info for the 5000d s3 looks to be 5500d that seems to use the same pack
I will make up a dry cell with 4 x D batteries and see how it goes, if all is well i will make a couple nicad packs
I think maybe the series 3 is a crossover machine does anybody know any different?
thank you guys for the welcome

Greg

I have found the link but I am not yet allowed to post it it shows 4 x D nicads for this model, i will post it when I have made the required number of posts

thanks for the help guys

Greg

Latest posts