New to the world of prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi
MY name is Thomas, I am 10 and loves looking at rocks. I would love to do some prospecting, digging around the Benalla, Victoria area. Is anyone able to give me some directions as to where I could go.
I have looked on the Internet and I couldn't find anything.

G'day Thomas and welcome to the forum. I'm not really that knowledgable on the Victorian goldfields though Reef Hills park has a few gold deposits mentioned on a map I use, plus other deposits in the areas nearby. Hopefully some locals will check out your thread soon and help you with some info.

All the best with it.

Hey Thomas, Welcome to the forum and don't hesitate to ask questions mate, theres always someone on here who will help you out. Heres a link to look at
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13703

At the top of the page is a search button (magnifying glass) press it and type in Benalla and you should have a bit of reading to do. Good luck in your prospecting adventures.

Cracka.

Hi Thomas, welcome to the group. I can not help you in your quest i know very little about the area your interested in. But what i do know is this, your going to have a ball prospecting. cheers Jemba

Where would I find the gems in the reef hills and what gems would I find?
Thanks for replying to my first post.
ThomasWL

Hey Thomas, Someone on here might steer you to gold and gems overlay for Victoria to use with Google Earth. I don't have it (only NSW overlay) but if I find it i'll post a link mate.

Cracka.

Welcome to the forum Thomas. I'm sure somebody with a bit more local knowledge will help you out with some info. Good on you mate enjoy the hobby and all it offers. :)

Latest posts