New to findings. Need help to locations

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all just wondering where is nice place to start and have a go at finding some lucky stuff.

Adelaide would be best

Are you panning or detecting? If detecting then ask others, I dont know, though I see people detecting at Jupiter Creek.

I like panning at Chapel Hill as there is always water in International Dam, even if you have to carry your buckets of dirt to the dam, which is hard work. I have made quite a few trips there and even in the old tailings (which are everywhere) you can get a speck per bucket. My total haul from maybe 5 trips is shown in the photo. That if course is very little return for the effort, but its the experience. Im afraid Adelaide is not the best as we only have the three publicly-accessible locations open to us.

Hope you have fun and make your first finds!

1483334509_chapel_hill_gold.jpg

Brad do your research. Gold has been found in lots of places in S.A. but back in the early days they didn't have the transportation we have now or the detectors we have now. Water was their main problem, still is but we have more options now. Like I said research the state library or Trove online. If you have the time and resources you will find gold. But make sure where you look is not under licence to someone else and always get permision to go onto private properties and respect their property.

Cheers

Bradchad said:
Thanks. Where bouts. Or all over?

Mate , the nice forum members will generally point you in the right direction and teach you how to research, but no one is going to give you an X marks the spot. Hang around on the forum and ask the right questions and you'll start getting the right answers. All the best enjoying this great hobby.

Don't take this the wrong way either. You'll do better once you learn how to research gold producing areas.

I hale from Adelaide but now live in QLD.
I have spent a lot of time in the Jupiters creek, Echunga, Onkaparinga, Torrens and Mount Compass ( upper Finniss River ).
Every time i have gone out i have got gold.
I am happy to put you on the gold in these spots as i no longer need to keep them to my self.
If you are interested PM me

Hillbillygold said:
I hale from Adelaide but now live in QLD.
I have spent a lot of time in the Jupiters creek, Echunga, Onkaparinga, Torrens and Mount Compass ( upper Finniss River ).
Every time i have gone out i have got gold.
I am happy to put you on the gold in these spots as i no longer need to keep them to my self.
If you are interested PM me

How do I pm. My email is xxxxxxxxxxx.
Admin edit, no email addresses on the open forum please!

High there Bradchad a friend and I head up mount crawford as offen we can to find gold youll get it most creeks up there if you know how to read them ,let me know if ya wanna meet up and ill help you with a spot or tw0
1483457774_20160925_124732.jpg

Latest posts