New second hand

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello to all,

I am new to this forum.

I have been prospecting for many years since I was first given a gold pan around the age of 10. I have from a young age been interested in gold and mining and used to dig holes all around my parents back yard looking for the yellow stuff. I used to travel a lot with my parents around various rivers, some of which were in gold field areas.
I was around to witness the last of the gold dredgers operating in rivers (many of which are now on the exempt list) around the late 80's and then as a young kid would often go up to them and ask how much gold they had. I was often impressed to see Vegemite jars half to full of gold flakes.

I have owned, and currently have quite a bit of prospecting equipment some of which I have built myself. I currently have pans, sluices, a few homemade metal detectors, a trommel, dolly pot and a home built shaker table that is nearing completion.
I have owned a puddling machine, a manufactured shaker table, high bankers and a petrol driven rock crusher.

Whilst I predominantly sluice and pan for gold I have recently started loaming and covering some quite rugged terrain, I suppose in the hope of finding the mother load.

I am interested in all aspects of gold and precious gem recovery and am very interested in gold history and enjoy visiting some of the less accessible gold mining site from the days of old.

I have most recently spent a few days up in the goldfields surrounding Bright and have included a (poor) photo of my finds.
1515197784_1515197691385.jpg

I love a chat and am always happy to talk gold and gem talk.

I hope to meet some of you guys out in the field if or when the opportunity presents.

All the best

Matt

Gidday Matt

Sounds like you have had a go at it all !!. I wish I was fit enough to Loam, To track down the source doing this and finding gold because of your efforts
would be an exciting prospect.
Welcome mate.

GT :)

Welcome Matt. Same for me as GT59. Hopefully I will be able to do something out there in the near future to satisfy my love of the hobby. Good luck with your endeavours mate.
Jaros. :p

Latest posts