new sdc report

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Very impressed with the sdc no gold but timy lead balls some were minisuce and got them at will some depth too a few inches and very noticeable signal . Its simply a vacuum cleaner on small stuff and easy pin pointing too quick recovery which is handy find and move on. The coil still has some depth to it and stable threshold too.
The newer sdc also are made lighter and more stronger reinforcement too. All round easy to detect and is feather light for a detector. Coil has a double skid plate on it too. There is a function to easy switch coils too it but for me ill stay with the 8 inch and move up to the Coiltek extreme and get an expert to fit it.
To many of these in the fields there maybe no more gold left that's the problem.
Spoke to minelab last Monday they said they are the fastest growing popular detector and is the next best thing since the release of the gpx range way back in 2008.
First of many trips to the gold fields ive got the bug back I feel.

Is the gold monster usable on highly mineralised ground or does it scream too much? I tried a gold bug two on that type of ground once many years ago but it was impossible.

Can depend on hot, which means depth too.

Ive got ones so tiny they have to be almost on the coil to hear on the sdc with the GM, but it's not much of a contest.

Been spending the time split 70% on the sdc then a check over with the final 30 before dark with the GM. The sdc clears the bigger deeper and the lead shot, then see if theres any juice in lemons with the GM.

GM drives me nuts though.

Swinging & digging said:
The SDC is the best machine for Victoria, its the only one that ensures you find gold. :goldpan:
How often?

JD3 said:
Swinging & digging said:
The SDC is the best machine for Victoria, its the only one that ensures you find gold. :goldpan:
How often?

If you know your ground pretty well every time :perfect: they are a great machine. Yellmellow's report is based on the new version and his 1st use :Y: I'm sure he will grow to like it more and more with each run.

Hi Yellowmello, I have had the SDC for 10 months. I have coupled it with a Coiltech 14x9 and a swing arm. I love it. Have picked up .3g at 5 in Irnstone and pieces down to .04g!
1592434225_screenshot_20200531-184154_gallery.jpg

The Coiltech coil makes it very easy to scrip the coil on the ground.

The question is do I change to the coiltek exteme coil 10 x 5 or stick to the 8 inch that's all ready supplied with the sdc

yellowmellow said:
The question is do I change to the coiltek exteme coil 10 x 5 or stick to the 8 inch that's all ready supplied with the sdc

Up you mate but minelab have said they do not support the use of the coiltek coils. For whats its worth I like the joey size centre mount but for now I cant say I have detected anything with the Coiltek that would not be heard by the stock coil. Signal seems more crisp on the 10x5 though.

I agree, the standard 8inch is crisper than the 14x9 but running a centre mount coil is way better especially if you are rubbing the ground or in Rocky country where the ground kicks up the coil.

There is a design problem in the way the standard sdc coil is attatched plus theres a small gap between the coil and the shaft which dust and dirt can enter the workings of the coil hence stuffing it up. I m thinking of going with 10x5 coiltek extreme coil. please let me know if this is a good idea thanks tim

Theyve had 3 goes at it, you reckon the might have fixed it by the third try :playful:

Wishfull said:
Is the Monster water proof and folds down to fit in a backpack ?
But having said that the Monster is a good machine aparently.

The monster doesn't collapse its about the length of a shovel and a pain to fit in the car, not water proof either.

Wishfull said:
Is the Monster water proof and folds down to fit in a backpack ?
But having said that the Monster is a good machine aparently.
Can see you do have an Equinox 800 which is both collapsible and waterproof...Do you think the GM would out perform it enough on gold to justify the cost?

I ask as I have a Nox myself and while I have never used it for gold, it does find plenty of small stuff around the 1g size in the form of small lead pellets and .177HMR bullets..

Latest posts