New Personal Best....Gonna be hard to beat!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went to the local park I have been working lately and came home with $371. :eek: :D :cool:
Got a couple of rings and some other interesting stuff too like some Euros, Us dollars, Singapore dollars, and a copper/brass button.
That's a PB for me! Brings the total for that park to $717 in 4 visits.
Gonna give it one more hit tonight then try somewhere new.

1391218664_detecting_darwin_218a.jpg

Well done. Be positive easy to beat just gotta find older grounds & find 1 gold sovereign or more :D .

Dear god what a haul! I've got a little cheapie
Detector and I've found about 6 bucks in 5 hours!!!!

Hey Beep. I am using the coiltek 15" DD. Its great for covering lots of ground in a shorter time.
Hi Goldnsand. Im in Darwin.
I think I have pulled the bulk of the gold coins out of the park now. I ignore all the smaller denomination signals in favour of the gold coins.
I was going to have another stab tonight but I think I will give it a miss and try a new spot tomorrow.
I was pretty surprised how much money is lying around in the grass.

I have owned my xterra for 4 weeks now and I have pulled enough coin out of the ground to cover the cost of the machine and the 15" coil as well as my minelab pinpointer.

I will be buying a 5000 shortly so hopefully I can start paying that off too!
Im not sure if I would like to do this as a job. 4 hours swinging a detector and digging targets is hard work.

Congrats on the haul.

A couple of questions.

Were the coins found in one area ie in a pile or scattered around the ground.

Also any theories on why there were so many coins at this ground? The coins appear fairly recent so I imagine that the ground must be used for carnivals or some other popular event.

Finally how did you manage to get permission to search the park? Most local parks and kept pretty well and the locals and groundkeepers would not be happy about someone digging them up.

cheers Peter

Good haul there!

Peter

there are good hauls around, I wait until a big sports carnival or the like has taken place and go scan as soon after as I can. There are lots of parks and sports ovals that have never had a detector in them. I got permission(in writing) from council for "no dig" recoveries, use screwdriver to get them out in summer and winter go back and dig the faint signals, digging a small plug after heavy rain and you would not know I had been there.

Two years ago got just over $800 in coins the day after "carols in the park" this year got $272 but was in partnership with grand daughter her using a 705 and me the CTX3030 did not need to dig, it was all hidden under/through the grass.

Bob.

Hey Peter
Bobs on the money there (so to speak) $800 wow and I thought I was doing well! All good, it just resets the bar for me ;)
I don't need to dig because the ground is so wet (monsoon here ATM)
I was approached by the security guard yesterday and said I cant do that because there is retic buried around the place. I invited the guard to follow me for a while and showed her how easy it is to pop a coin from the grass. I use a chisel style tool and just part the grass where most of the coins are sitting. She just said "finders keepers hey good luck to you!. I also handed a set of keys in that I found which put them on my side.
As a tip I carry a finds bag with two pockets. One for the good stuff and the other has a selection of nasties I have found...bottle tops, ring pulls, needles, hair clips, nails, screws, torn aluminium from cans. All you need to do is pull a handful of this stuff out and show them explain that you are helping to keep the area clean and safe for other users and the few coins you pick up is just the environments way of saying thankyou.
The coins are in an area of about 10 acres that has many events and its a popular place for tourists to sit and watch the world go by.
I have found over $10 in one coin drop where someone has sat on the grass and lost all their change from their pocket but mostly I just watch the 705 until I get a signal for a goldy and then pop it out. I usually don't need to take anymore than two steps to find the next coin.
As for permission, its a public place and I am doing no more damage than a family playing footy or a woman in high heels. I have as much right as anyone else to be there.
Its prudent though if they insist to apologise and politely leave and return some other time.
BTW where are you from?

Cheers

Shane

$10 in one coin spill is a record, my best is $6 in three and four coins. Did have one 5 coin spill totally $2.

Latest posts