New Parks may be coming to Central Goldfields. Be Warned!!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like you're the one who has given up and having a whinge Smoky.
Don't take your personal frustrations out on me.
And your wrong about it being too late.

Edit.... I'm not commenting any further I'll get banned again.

LC76 said:
Sounds like you're the one who has given up and having a whinge Smoky.
Don't take your personal frustrations out on me.
And your wrong about it being too late.

Edit.... I'm not commenting any further I'll get banned again.

Lc if I got banned might curve my addiction for a bit....

I got the gold sweats

Sorry edit might actually be my Tom yum goong soup

Once land is locked here in qld...They Usually turn it into conservation area or national parks...state forrest ect..Not Sure how they work down there...Im not frustrated with you mate.lol......I haven't given up...but gold bearing ground around SE qld is very limited ...so theres not many areas we can fight to open...unless we want to drive multiple hours....as i said before good luck...... :D

Smoky bandit said:
Once land is locked here in qld...They Usually turn it into conservation area or national parks...state forrest ect..Not Sure how they work down there...Im not frustrated with you mate.lol......I haven't given up...but gold bearing ground around SE qld is very limited ...so theres not many areas we can fight to open...unless we want to drive multiple hours....as i said before good luck...... :D

Yes good point ....................... personally given up on being ruled and regulated I just prefer to put in the hours driving where I know I can cruise around 200 square miles of property in a stress free non regulated environment. Only one man to please and that's the owner of said land. The drive and fuel costs a pain but the relaxed atmosphere once there makes it all worth it as at the end of the day the relaxation side of things is why I do it.
Have plenty of access to private land in both the GT and also FNQ ;) the bad part for me is geographically I'm basically located in the exact middle of the two :rolleyes:
:D
In the short time I have been looking for the Eldorado have quickly come to a conclusion regarding GPA areas ............... good for setting up and testing your gear but that's about it. :rolleyes: The biggest area we have in QLD would be the Clermont region but there you even need a permit to obtain a permit to use the GPA's :D :D
Funny you should mention Conservation area as Deep Creek which mind you is in Gympie supposedly the start of Qld gold rush the GPA is actually a Conservation Area.
What they are conserving I'm not sure (Maybe it's the vintage shipping container ?) but given the plants are all mulched with council clippings and full of shredded foil from lolly wrappers etc renders it almost totally useless for detecting :mad:
Given the area is used more by people running their dogs than prospectors the nuggets your likely to find firstly are not yellow and secondly would under no condition swill them around in my mouth to give them a clean
:lol:

1477881768_deep_creek_1.jpg

In the end all I'm really saying to PMAV is... Help us help you help us.

And get involved in the forums and connect with the very people you claim to want to help.
Instead of just scare mongering us into joining.

Bogger said:
Smoky bandit said:

Yes good point ....................... personally given up on being ruled and regulated I just prefer to put in the hours driving where I know I can cruise around 200 square miles of property in a stress free non regulated environment. Only one man to please and that's the owner of said land. The drive and fuel costs a pain but the relaxed atmosphere once there makes it all worth it as at the end of the day the relaxation side of things is why I do it.
Have plenty of access to private land in both the GT and also FNQ ;) the bad part for me is geographically I'm basically located in the exact middle of the two :rolleyes:
:D
Funny you should mention Conservation area as Deep Creek which mind you is in Gympie supposedly the start of Qld gold rush the GPA is actually a Conservation Area.
What they are conserving I'm not sure (Maybe it's the vintage shipping container ?) but given the plants are all mulched with council clippings and full of shredded foil from lolly wrappers etc renders it almost totally useless for detecting :mad:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7268/1477881768_deep_creek_1.jpg
Thats where i do 99.9% of my prospecting ...And you work hard for your gold...have seen small bits found with a sdc....but if the river aint running you cant use the sluice...no point panning...all day for a couple of specs...

Deep Creek ???????????????? as said apart from practicing or testing your gear they may as well close it. You would do better to find some one that owned a house in Gympie and check out their front or rear lawn ;)

I take it Smoky you do more panning than detecting ? If so follow the Mary out and speak to a few land owners that border it. I have permission from three people in that situation last week but have a feeling it will be more suitable for panning than detecting. Will let you know how I go as soon as I get a chance to check it out. All three properties border each other so gives you a fair area.
You can also get onto a few spots out from Tiaro but there are protected areas for Turtles there so again you need to be careful not to politically tread on anyone's toes .............. or turtles for that matter
:)

Hahaha...You have to rember..there is about mtr plus... or more of overburden over the gold bearing gravel..you cant just turn on your detector and go...You still need to dig...or look for the gravel wash on the river bank...Thats where the gold is.. :D

Bogger said:
Deep Creek ???????????????? as said apart from practicing or testing your gear they may as well close it. You would do better to find some one that owned a house in Gympie and check out their front or rear lawn ;)

I take it Smoky you do more panning than detecting ? If so follow the Mary out and speak to a few land owners that border it. I have permission from three people in that situation last week but have a feeling it will be more suitable for panning than detecting. Will let you know how I go as soon as I get a chance to check it out. All three properties border each other so gives you a fair area.
:)
Yes mate...i do more sluicing than detecting...dont bother panning...I do have a xterra 705 gold...But used for coins ect on the beach :D

Smoky bandit said:
Hahaha...You have to rember..there is about mtr plus... or more of overburden over the gold bearing gravel..you cant just turn on your detector and go...You still need to dig...or look for the gravel wash on the river bank...Thats where the gold is.. :D

Oh trust me I gave it quite a few good goes before I abandoned it ...................... as you said damn lot of work for little if no reward ?
I like finding gold but 60 pieces of lolly wrapper to one sub gram nugget just tends to diminish one's interest some what :) :) :) :) :) But hey good luck to you some one has to clean it up :D :D :D :D :D

Smoky you don't sell them do you ? I ask as may have met you there ?

No mate dont sell them... :D Though i do spend alot of time in the area..Especially when the creeks running.Well as much time as possible. ..

Membership payed ! And yes everyone PayPal is available on their site so it was very easy to join.. Happy Hunting everyone :cool:

I hope everyone on the forum gets active and helps the PMAV on this one. If you don't want to be personally active at least join the PMAV.

A loss would a loss for everyone. (Yes I am card-carrying PMAV member).

Stephen
President
NAPFA

So I got a call yesterday by a society that is campaigning in a huge way as in like they are calling everyone for support in regards to saving the Fairy Possums from Extinction making our parks into national parks then he informed me they (fairy possums) have recently been put on the critically Endangered list and I was a little set back by this miss informed information so I asked him who conducted the surveys and what degree's do they have and how thorough was their survey , He didn't really have an answer for me in respect to my questions so I asked what's making them become critically endangered? he had no reply so I said is it logging that's made it that way for the possums or is it feral animals that are killing them he paused and said something to the effect like yes sir that's correct so I replied if you make it into a national park how will that stop them from being hunted by feral cats ect ect and by making it a national park doesn't that prevent us from hunting those feral animals that are killing the poor little Fairy's then he said no sir its to stop the logging well I said doesn't the department regulate what gets logged in our state and if they regulated the logging properly in which you are telling me is impacting on them wouldn't that prevent further numbers from declining and how would making it a national park help me as I am a prospector and a fossicker and if you did that you would stop myself and my family from doing such hobbies and the fairy possums numbers will still decline so how would anyone's support in regards to making national parks stop this and told him you are all just making up these figures so yo can get your bill passed through easier in my opinion and that I am opposed to your foundation and you wont get any support from me.... Further more I told him perhaps if you still allowed for prospecting and fossicking in your applications that you might get a better result from us Victorians that are familiar with what's really going on in the bush..... Here's a link to that society. Was I right in making that judgment?? I feel that I was but please tell me if you think I wasn't....
https://www.wilderness.org.au/articles/how-save-forest-fairy-extinction

That's true in so many ways Tathradj, Over the years of researching areas to prospect I found that most if not all areas I cross referenced with vic Geo records were all but a couple were in pine plantations and when you further research those highly mineralised areas within the plantations there allways appears to be a quarry of some sort or another and when you try to access those old quarried out areas there is signs saying no trespassing Private Property, call it coincidence if one will but when you see a pattern of these activities weather it be through google or whilst out hunting or be it just feet on the ground type of research it does leave oneself asking questions ... WHY?? And like you say the areas that are not yet planted out are mainly the areas that are trying to be designated as National Parks.. Mind you that is only my observation and I am not accusing anyone of any wrong doing wether its a company or a department but defiantly one does question the actions that we see before us....

greencheeks77 said:
So I got a call yesterday by a society that is campaigning in a huge way as in like they are calling everyone for support in regards to saving the Fairy Possums from Extinction making our parks into national parks then he informed me they (fairy possums) have recently been put on the critically Endangered list and I was a little set back by this miss informed information so I asked him who conducted the surveys and what degree's do they have and how thorough was their survey , He didn't really have an answer for me in respect to my questions so I asked what's making them become critically endangered? he had no reply so I said is it logging that's made it that way for the possums or is it feral animals that are killing them he paused and said something to the effect like yes sir that's correct so I replied if you make it into a national park how will that stop them from being hunted by feral cats ect ect and by making it a national park doesn't that prevent us from hunting those feral animals that are killing the poor little Fairy's then he said no sir its to stop the logging well I said doesn't the department regulate what gets logged in our state and if they regulated the logging properly in which you are telling me is impacting on them wouldn't that prevent further numbers from declining and how would making it a national park help me as I am a prospector and a fossicker and if you did that you would stop myself and my family from doing such hobbies and the fairy possums numbers will still decline so how would anyone's support in regards to making national parks stop this and told him you are all just making up these figures so yo can get your bill passed through easier in my opinion and that I am opposed to your foundation and you wont get any support from me.... Further more I told him perhaps if you still allowed for prospecting and fossicking in your applications that you might get a better result from us Victorians that are familiar with what's really going on in the bush..... Here's a link to that society. Was I right in making that judgment?? I feel that I was but please tell me if you think I wasn't....
https://www.wilderness.org.au/articles/how-save-forest-fairy-extinction

I Like the way they "rediscovered" the fairy possum, Me thinks personally that they haven't been looking hard enough. :lol:

Thanks for reminding me Greencheeks,
Just sent the form in to join PMAV.
As usual, Bought a Cap as well to hide the Bald Patch. LOL

Latest posts