New Online Map WA - Showing Old Workings, Townsites etc

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My PC is older about 7 years old running Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon

I opened it up in -

Firefox 72.0.2
Chromium
Chrome

All with high security settings.

Your site, the map runs very well and I think is very user friendly, all features worked correctly and no issues at all ;)
I will be very keen to see SA depicted like this.

Really nice job.

:) :clap: :trophy:

As a Sydney person who frequents Perth a lot - this is something very useful.
Thanks Bruce for pulling this together.

Im still new to the whole fossicking scene (havent even got a detector yet). But resources like this are wonderful.
Im keen on checking out old ghost towns. Is that something which the site has identified or will identify?

Ive bookmarked your site - keep up the awesome work.

Greenhornet_au said:

I opened it up in -

Firefox 72.0.2
Chromium
Chrome

Your site, the map runs very well and I think is very user friendly, all features worked correctly and no issues at all ;)

Really nice job.

1582080563_sa.jpg

Here's SA with all the gold clearly marked out.... :lol: :lol:

Moneybox said:
Greenhornet_au said:

I opened it up in -

Firefox 72.0.2
Chromium
Chrome

Really nice job.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3960/1582080563_sa.jpg

Here's SA with all the gold clearly marked out.... :lol: :lol:

:playful: :inlove:

MB, you are such a dick!

BUT funny as F.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We all know all the gold is in the bottom of your fish pond !

:p

:fistpump: :)

Bruce map works very well but I found a mistake with it. It seams to show my secrect spots. Must be some error with programming ;) :lol: :lol: ;)

Amazing work Bruce.
Perfect on IPhone, and the data is excellent.
I am amazed at your skills to be able to create such an application.
How long did it take you to get it to this point?

The site works great for me but I'm a bit dumb :argh: !! Can someone tell me what the large green and purple sectors signify please. It does say current leases but what do the colours signify please?
Many thanks
Mike :beer:

Hi Mike..

I've been meaning to update the website for a while and this post of your's has just prompted me to push a new version of the data up onto the web.

Now to answer your question:

The Blue & Green areas are leases.
The green leases are those classified as LIVE, meaning that its a legit lease.
The blue zones are PENDING, meaning that may go live or may not. No matter what the designation is, always ask permission before you go fossicking in an area, coz there are some grumpy lease holder out here :)

You may not be aware that you can click on almost anything on the map to get more info. This goes for the leases as well as the old working as well.

Please keep the feedback coming, coz I'm thinking about adding the surface geology to the map aswell.

Take care

Bruce

Evening Bruce.

First time I've seen this. Pretty awesome for a 1 man job. Well done.

One question. On the Legend it shows shallow workings, underground workings, collapsed shaft, etc and when you click on the little icon it brings up a long/lat, description, etc. Maybe I am missing it but I can't see where it says what sort of mine or working it is. Or are they all considered to be gold?

If they are all gold then there is a few workings a lot closer to Perth than I thought there would be.

Cheers, N.E.

Hi NorthEast,

There is no commodity type associated with most of them, so I didn't bother to display it.

There are definitely places closer to Perth worth checking out.. Most of these will be on private land so make sure to ask permission first :)

All the best in your gold prospecting..

Bruce

That's very good bruceh

Have opened the map from website and works well, shows live and pending leases etc and turn the legend on and off

Can I ask how often are the live and pending leases updated when I load the map? Like do you update to the current data and how often?

cheers dave

Hi Dave,

The lease info is updated almost as soon as the Mines Department releases an update.
At worst case, this site shouldn't be more than 30-45 minutes out..

Hope that helps.

Bruce

Bruce,

Another vote of thanks for spending the time and effort to produce something that will not only help every detectorist in W.A., but also assist in keeping we visitors legal.

The fewer trespassing on live leases, the more amicable it will be for both the visitors and the leaseholders.

Phil

bruceh said:
Hi Dave,

The lease info is updated almost as soon as the Mines Department releases an update.
At worst case, this site shouldn't be more than 30-45 minutes out..

Hope that helps.

Bruce

Thanks for your reply Bruce, that is perfect, we usually up date the tenement info when we get back into town for supplies before going out again.

We keep upto date with Tengraph, also along with Trilobite and now your maps as well, we are really spoilt with maps now. :perfect:

cheers dave

Thank you Bruce. I have to say that you are doing a great job with the site. It's so helpful :perfect:
bruceh said:
Hi Mike..

I've been meaning to update the website for a while and this post of your's has just prompted me to push a new version of the data up onto the web.

Now to answer your question:

The Blue & Green areas are leases.
The green leases are those classified as LIVE, meaning that its a legit lease.
The blue zones are PENDING, meaning that may go live or may not. No matter what the designation is, always ask permission before you go fossicking in an area, coz there are some grumpy lease holder out here :)

You may not be aware that you can click on almost anything on the map to get more info. This goes for the leases as well as the old working as well.

Please keep the feedback coming, coz I'm thinking about adding the surface geology to the map aswell.

Take care

Bruce

Well that's a bit of a bummer, my puter has decided to not show me the map any more, so looking at where the map is supposed to be I have no idea what I am looking at. All I see now are the layers that I can switch on or off. It used to show the map and on my phone and tablet I still see the map as I can on my Raspberry Pie with Linux.
Weird! It's a good thing I don't plan on taking my puter out into the field.

Latest posts