New here, hello all!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself, I am primarily a gemstone carver but have recently started faceting. You guys have an active forum regarding faceting which is pretty unusual. I live in Texas, United States.

If anyone is interested in what I do. I know quite a bit about carving and can help anyone with information regarding that if they'd like to know.

Debbie K

Edit: Priv no.s not allowed on open forum-use the email button function.

Welcome aboard Debbie! Sounds like you have an interesting hobby with the gemstone carving.

Thanks to all of you for your welcome! I already got an answer to my faceting question and some good advice.

This is the kind of thing I do:
1500176337_point-of-no-returnweb.jpg

The face is a carved citrine, with sterling silver, sapphires, peridots, tourmalines, Herkimer quartz "diamonds", rutilated quartz and tiger eye. The face with the tourmalines, crystal and sapphires is actually a pendant that detaches from the "dagger" and can be worn. I also did all the metalwork. This is the last major piece I did; I do a lot more simpler carvings.

Like I said, this in the one thing I know how to do so I'll keep a look out to see if anyone asks any carving questions in the lapidary sections.

It's nice to find you guys!

Debbie K

Wow!..welcome to the forum Debbie K..Mind blowing work there Debbie!I've no doubt there will be plenty here who will seek out your guidance, as you are obviously a master of your trade. I hope your contributions are well patronized by members of the forum as you obviously would have a lot to offer them...Cheers Rossco.'aka' Reefer.

Latest posts