NEW Gold Sucker invention (crevicing tool)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking of buying the Greencheeks crevice sucker, but before I out lay any money. Has any member purchase one from him. I am looking for a bit of feedback on how good they are.

Have you looked at dreamkeepers crevicer ? Have had a bit more field testing done and are at production stage

PipeclayJim said:
I am thinking of buying the Greencheeks crevice sucker, but before I out lay any money. Has any member purchase one from him. I am looking for a bit of feedback on how good they are.

Sorry pipeclayjim I haven't decided yet wether I am going make them to sell as they can be time consuming to make and I don't really feel there would be a big market for them by the amount of feedback on this topic comparing to how many views this thread (forum topic) has had , if I had the backing (money) I would make few just to start with I have a similar design that would easier than this pump more suited for the older generation but unfortunately I don't have the backing .
I put the video up and if your not to bad with your hands they can be made somewhat similar with not to much work involved e.g. instead of plastic welding use straight fittings though it will have a tendency to clog and not function at times.. anyway wait for when I put a video up of it working and if I get a good response as in from the older prospectors then I will most likely produce them for sale But in the meanwhile everyone is welcome to make one of their own by copying my design.
Regards GC
:cool: And it has successfully been field tested in many different terrains (creek beds) with fantastic results as one should see just from the photos that this robust unit has endured some punishment from me as in knocked around and worked hard :lol: Its the bees knees and the ducks nuts all rolled into one, might even give it a cheeky name like Billy Hunts Super Sucker or something like that ;)

greencheeks77 said:
PipeclayJim said:

:cool: And it has successfully been field tested in many different terrains (creek beds) with fantastic results as one should see just from the photos that this robust unit has endured some punishment from me as in knocked around and worked hard :lol: Its the bees knees and the ducks nuts all rolled into one, might even give it a cheeky name like Billy Hunts Super Sucker or something like that ;)

I am sorry but I cant take your word about that. I need to hear it from some one else. ;)

Thanks for the PMs fellows I already knew a lot of it. Greencheeks I am sorry but I must withdraw my offer to buy one of your devices. Such devices do have from 20% to 30% gold loss and that figure is by far too high for me. Seeing you claim to have invented that device you will have no trouble working out where to loss occurs. How the loss occurs has already been posted on this site. ;)

PipeclayJim said:
Such devices do have from 20% to 30% gold loss .... How the loss occurs has already been posted on this site. ;)
Can you provide a link to the post Pipeclay? I couldn't find that info on the site. Thanks,
Jon

Good afternoon comrades,

For general information regarding my crevicing device, this weekend I am heading out to either Hill End of Nundle for a dig. As I generally go out on my own, I have not had the benefit of a camera operator to take some video of my device in action to demonstrate its effectiveness in cleaning out crevices, sucking up gravels dirt and sand and in general, doing what it says on the tin.

I will however someway or another, secure some video and post it so folks can see what it does. Hopefully that will assist anyone who is interested but would like to have some further evidence of its effectiveness prior to spending some hard earned cash.

As The Edge would say to Bono, "Love and peace across the globe...", The Peacekeeper.

I am not in a positions to constructively criticise or give an opinion of someone else's device that I am not familiar with.

I am however well placed to know my devices characteristics and capabilities intimately which are quite different to what I have seen in the public domain. But, since 'facta non verba' or in the common vernacular, 'actions speak louder than words' and 'caveat emptor' or 'let the buyer beware' are wise defaults to have when purchasing an as yet unproven item, I am making every effort to give people some confidence in my device.

Not withstanding an obvious interest in the limited commercial value of my device, I am none the less, not wanting to alienate the membership or greater public by selling them a product that is not fit for purpose or is misrepresented. With enough difficulty in promoting, building credibility & good reputation as well as gaining market acceptance, I would respectfully ask for a fair go in what I'm trying to do.

If I can't demonstrate the merits of my device or people honestly reckon it's not up to the job, so be it. However, I stand by my device in quality of workmanship, materials and its simple but effective design and function and dare I say it, I have a quiet pride in what I have made and offer with confidence.

Thanks for your consideration,

The Peacekeeper

Lets call a spade a spade shall we. First off this was never posted in your thread you had running, but yet you posted here. Now to use a quote or two from that link I posted and you tell me if the quote is right or wrong.

Quote 1

But something keeps running through my mind when I view that type of equipment. And that is what dose Gold Hog matting, Miners Moss, Expanded Mesh and Riffles have in common with the black ribbed pipe shown in each and every photo. The answer is simple .. they all catch gold. Smooth boar hose would be the way to go then the hose would not act like a sluice.

Quote 2

For those who do not know what the difference is between a smooth boar hose and a ribbed hose. In the smooth boar there are no gaps between the ribs, in a ribbed hose there is a gap, and it is that gap which will let in a bit of gold

PipeclayJim said:
I stand by what i say.

Read this thread the answer is in there. But understand what you are reading!

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14582

Thanks PipeclayJim. I didn't see in the post where the 20-30% gold loss was mentioned. Smooth inner hose would go a long way to prevent gold getting stuck in the hose as that was also a concern as in other posts. I was interested in loss percentages as recently I've been boning up on particle hydraulic equivalence for fluid bed design and there's nothing like real world experience.

I'd be using these crevice suckers to clean/finish crevices that ordinarily I wouldn't be able to by other means. So if a gram awaits me then even at a 20-30% loss I'd still be .7-.8 gram better off :)
Jon

[Thanks PipeclayJim. I didn't see in the post where the 20-30% gold loss was mentioned] I never said it was! That figure came from people in the know in fact it can be very much higher or it may be much lower it all depends on the size gold your working. [So if a gram awaits me then even at a 20-30% loss I'd still be .7-.8 gram better off] How do you know your percentage loss if you dont know what percentage your retaining? ;)

It was never my intention to have a go at peacekeeper but he did start posting in this line. Seeing as he is supplying such device this also applies to him. But if he was a smart man he could see how this line of posting can be a great benefit to him, where he has the chance to offer what no others are offering and the claim would be very right. Say if you had a choice of buying a device that had no gold loss and a very similar device which did which one would you buy. The fix is quite simple after all it is not about how the device works but the gold retention.
I think I have covered this topic enough. I pointed out where the gold loss occurred and quoted the fix and so for me here it will end. Enough said.

PipeclayJim I don't think anyone thinks you're having a go at anyone but from the post you referred to I think we are talking about two different things here. These crevice pumps by greencheeks and peacekeeper are not for post processing, rather they collect gold bearing material from hard to get at places and pumps it into a bucket.

These pumps suck material in through a smooth tube past an inlet check valve. On the pump pull stroke any material that gets past the inlet check valve is caught in the system as a whole and there should be no losses in the system after that. On the pump push stroke the inlet check valve stops the material from going back out the inlet with the material pushed into a bucket for post processing. Material may between pump strokes slide down the inlet tube or a small portion escape the check valve while closing, but the next pull should pull it back past the inlet check valve. While most gold will be in the bucket there will be gold sitting in the pump and hose.

The two quotes in your post #54 are not losses as the gold has been caught as described in the quotes themselves. It comes down to proper cleanout to retrieve it. A smooth hose between the pump and bucket makes cleanout much easier over ribbed hose.

I can't see how the 20-30% losses mentioned apply to these pumps. Empirical evidence would strongly suggest that if the crevice containing gold bearing material has been sucked clean, then the gold is in your pump, hose and bucket. Clean it out and chuck it into your sluice or pan and enjoy. :)
Jon

Greencheeks77 Exposed ...

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/j_HvvX9Y3go[/video]

Hi Everyone, Here Is a bit of fun my wife and I had doing a little modelling shoot with the new cameo design and just thought you could get an idea of what it looks like in someone's hands ... This is just a muck around vid we will be doing a video of it actually working in a creek or river .. Regards GC :cool:

Thanks blisters,

I think you have covered off on the main points. PipeclayJim, steady on, no personal attack from me here, I wrote to ask everyone to give me a fair go in getting my product up and running and to let my demo speak for its self rather than arrive at a conclusion without any evidence other than hearsay or misunderstanding. My device uses a simple check valve on the outlet and a reed valve on the inlet with not filtering device within it or other part that may trap gold. Everything that is drawn into the yabbie pump and device is expelled through the outlet hose and into your bucket or sluice/highbanker and continues until the area you are working is clean. My version of the device is a different set up to the gear/pics you posted the link to, no springs/ball valves/seats.

As far as the hose is concerned, I used 1'' clear nylon reinforced caravan plumbing hose at first as I assumed that the standard pool hose sections that I now use would trap gold like a riffle in a sluice and be difficult to recover. I found however that the pool hose that I now use and specifically recommend in the facts and info sheet I send out with every device does not trap anything despite what most folks assume, as I did initially.

Another advantage with pool hose sections is that is it lighter and very flexible and can double back on its self without kinking or restricting the flow as the clear nylon reinforced caravan plumbing hose tended to. You can also add more sections if you want or need to. Ideally, 3 sections of a meter each works well without being too hard to pump the material through or get tangled to tighter areas. I have used five metres put the added mass and inertia of about another 1.25 litres of water/ slurry in each hose section makes for harder work. But hose is really up to the buyer/user, I expect most folks adapt and use what they may have to save a buck. I had some spare pool hose sections and if I had tried them first rather than assuming they would catch gold, I would have saved myself $20.

Without saying, it had no escaped me that there is considerable value for me in this forum to spread the word about my device and, that no other person that I am aware of in Australia at least, is offering such a device for sale however, I am also cognisant of abusing the privilege.

I hope that brings a little more understanding of my device and what it does and doesnt do and PipeclayJim, I hope you can look at how well my device works when I post the video and reconsider its merits and the advantages in it for anyone who knows the value of hunting down crevices.

Regards,

The Peacekeeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts