NEL coil information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Garrett ACE's......Tesoro and Minelab are in for a treat also.

Good to see some new coil choices to give these detector brands some more versatility.

ivanll

Has anyone here used one of those big Nel coils yet? I have been thinking about getting a 12 x 13 for my AT Gold. Would really like some feedback first though.
Cheers :)

I haven't used any of the NEL coils but they get some very good reviews overseas, their prices seem realistic too. I haven't read a bad review about them yet.

I'm using NEL coils!
Got several of them for different detectors and all of them work very well.

Hunter seems like a good sized coil. I was looking at a Tornado for my Explorer as the 10" isn't very big, Want something bigger for the beach...

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can give me information on NEL coils, their website isn't very informative, I see that they have 6 coils for the AT Pro, but don't say what each one is used for, I see IvanII that you say you have some for your ATPro, could you tell me which ones you have and what they are used for, also did you order them direct from their website..............Thanks

I was talking to the owner of a prospecting shop, & asked if they had heard of Nel coils for Garrett AT Pro, they said they had, so I asked if they were any good, the answer was that the coils had been taken apart by "those in the know" & that the technology & workings weren't any different to Garrett coils.

So can anyone tell me any different from experience?? If they are better, then I want one!!

Sorry for the late reply, i just saw the post. My NEL Hunter coil on my AT Pro eats the stock coil, leaves it for dead on depth and sensitivity, i leave the NEL on full time, they are a great coil. I would ask any dealer for the proof, the pictures the instrument readings and working it in the field.

My AT Pro coils
Left NEL Hunter, Middle Stock AT Pro, right the 5"x 8" Garrett i use in high trash. I have used the NEL over some of the hottest ground in Victoria and it did the job very well.

garr1.jpg

AussieTreasureDigger said:
Sorry for the late reply, i just saw the post. My NEL Hunter coil on my AT Pro eats the stock coil, leaves it for dead on depth and sensitivity, i leave the NEL on full time, they are a great coil. I would ask any dealer for the proof, the pictures the instrument readings and working it in the field.

My AT Pro coils
Left NEL Hunter, Middle Stock AT Pro, right the 5"x 8" Garrett i use in high trash. I have used the NEL over some of the hottest ground in Victoria and it did the job very well.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3333/garr1.jpg

Thanks, Aussie Treasure Digger, I sure hope you are right, because I have just sent away for the NEL Hunter, for my AT Pro

My mate uses one on his AT Pro as well and he loves it.
His 1st day out with it he went over some ground we have thrashed and thrashed, with all sort of machines many many times, a signal at 12" and he digs a groat.

I also have a CTX3030, and some days i am sure my AT Pro with the NEL hunter gives its butt a kickin'

You should be more than happy with the NEL on the Garrett.

I've decided to sell a couple of my coils to upgrade to a larger DD for my AT Gold and have been looking at either the NEL Tornado or Hunter. Right now the reviews I've been reading online are so varied that I haven't yet made my mind up on which one (if any of the NEL coils) I'll be buying.

If there's anyone here using either of these coils out in the gold fields, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Nugget.

AussieTreasureDigger said:
My mate uses one on his AT Pro as well and he loves it.
His 1st day out with it he went over some ground we have thrashed and thrashed, with all sort of machines many many times, a signal at 12" and he digs a groat.

I also have a CTX3030, and some days i am sure my AT Pro with the NEL hunter gives its butt a kickin'

You should be more than happy with the NEL on the Garrett.

Hi A.T.D,
well my NEL Hunter arrived today, just have to wait till my arm mends, before I can give it a proper swing.

I'll hopefully be placing my order in the next week or two, just have to sell my Concentric first.

What do you guys do about skid plates, can you buy them to suit NEL coils?

Latest posts