National lampoon's Clermont tour

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings to one and all, hoping all are in good health and doing fine.

We're looking at visiting the GPAs of the Clermont area during December.

We're exploring places to stay and also to swing a NOX 800 (I know but I'm not allowed to get a 2300).

How does one find more info on the pay by day stations please?

Regards,

dad_jokes

Greetings to one and all, hoping all are in good health and doing fine.

We're looking at visiting the GPAs of the Clermont area during December.

We're exploring places to stay and also to swing a NOX 800 (I know but I'm not allowed to get a 2300).

How does one find more info on the pay by day stations please?

Regards,

dad_jokes
I am unaware of any pay to detect stations in Clermont area ( If you find one let us know !)

To my knowledge they are all in Etheridge Shire ( Western Ck, Flat Ck, Mt Hogan, Mt Talbot, Lornevale) except Palmerville and a very expensive one at Grass Hut Station near Charters Towers

In Clermont there is ML1870 which is a pay to detect Mining lease adjoining Birmigan East GPA but I dont know the details anymore. There is stuff here in PA so just search "ML1870"

I’m not sure how to post the link so just google Gokden Prospecting Tours for 1870 all the info is on their webpage. If you go it may be beneficial to hire an sdc or a 6 or 7 they have them for hire. Good luck.

Dunno if it is part of the "Tour" but my understanding is they doze a section & people get their own patch to play on ( as well as having free range on the lease). Certainly there was a awful lot of earthworks noise there in Sept when I was detecting in the GPA out side their lease !

Dunno if it is part of the "Tour" but my understanding is they doze a section & people get their own patch to play on ( as well as having free range on the lease). Certainly there was an awful lot of earthworks noise there in Sept when I was detecting in the GPA out side their lease !
When I went we could go anywhere on the property except for in the present cuts. Heaps of gold was found where they had excavated down to about 6 metres then backfilled and abandoned the area. Over 100 pieces found on the tour I did, some in the bush but mostly in the old mined areas with bits up to 4 g found in the 4 days I was present. They had 3 or so 25 tonne exvavators working. I’d recommend it for newbies like myself. Otherwise it’s the same ground as the GPA next door. Cheers.

Latest posts